Impala Build

make sure your hpf is set around 120hz and keep the treble and bass flat until you experiment more later, what other adjustments are you having trouble with?

the only issue i am having is setting up my amp settings and HU setting the amount of option on this unit is overwhelming to a newbie. Any tips on what i should be adjusting? also would it sound better or be easier to adjust settings if i go active?

set the hpf on your HU for the speakers to around 120 and your LPF on your amp to around ~80-90hz, Whats the point of components if you have them right next to each other anyways... it will sound better and separate the high/mids alot more

Would i set the HPF on the amp or on the HU? what differ does it make having the tweet on the A pillar as oppose to where i have it?

Would i set the HPF on the amp or on the HU? what differ does it make having the tweet on the A pillar as oppose to where i have it?
It shifts the focus from your knees to your face...it is called imaging. And are you using your active crossover network in the 80prs, or just the passives that came with the comp set?

It shifts the focus from your knees to your face...it is called imaging. And are you using your active crossover network in the 80prs, or just the passives that came with the comp set?
Passives that came with the comps.

As far as relocating tweets on the A pillar would i face them towards the windows, cabin each other? How high would i want them?

set the hpf on your HU for the speakers to around 120 and your LPF on your amp to around ~80-90hz, Whats the point of components if you have them right next to each other anyways... it will sound better and separate the high/mids alot more
Would it make a differ if the HU unit is in Network mode?

Or try this get some double sided tape make some long wires pull tweeters out tape to pillar close doors and do some testing moving them around til you find the sweet spot for your ears you will thank me later.

Or try this get some double sided tape make some long wires pull tweeters out tape to pillar close doors and do some testing moving them around til you find the sweet spot for your ears you will thank me later.
working on that now!

thanks for the help guys.

as far as the HPF on the head unit the only thing i found was 125hz HPF is that good enough?

now to work on the substage. Also been messing around with it on Active and sounds much better and seems a little more easier to tune except for the tweets they are too **** bright!

Regardless thanks for the help guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.