Impala Build

Jsantoyo89

Banned
chicago
So I finally found a vehicle to put all the stuff i bought for my previous vehicle that is now wrecked.

2000 Impala

Equipment:

80PRS

CDT HD-61A

DC 175.4

10 SSA ICON D1

DC 1.2k

40sqft of 60mil Audio Technix

0gauge Knu CCA wire later to be OFC when i have the funds.

Photo0035.jpg

Going to get started on the deading first before i do anything else not sure if i will have time to run the power wire to the back.

Any tips on deading will be first time doing this, from my understanding its deadened the inner and outer skin correct?

Get a roller from lowes. Another guy on here has an impala with a single xfl. It gets pretty loud and he is happy with it hint hint

Yeah, do the inside skin of the door as much as you can and the outside skin of the doors... then do the trunk lid, deck lid... make sure to do the big 3 on that 2000 impala for sure.. 95amp alternator.

Would CCA suffice for the big 3 or should i wait till i get OFC?
If you have CCA laying around, I would do the CCA for now then upgrade to the OFC..... CCA & OFC is a bit of a if and then around here... I would personally run OFC for anything like that myself..

Alright i got both doors finished with about 2-3 layers on each skin. For the 3 holes on the out skin i used some steal mesh we had lying around to cover it than deadened over it. I was going to use the factory baffles for the speakers but they would not fit so i had to use the morel coax's i had lying around instead of the CDT's sometime this week i will get around to making some mdf baffles. Had some issues with the radio and trying to make it work with the factory amp so i got agrevated and left it for tomorrow

Before

Photo0036.jpg

After

Photo0038.jpg

Photo0039.jpg

I came out really happy with the way it sounded, especially it being just the coax's on HU power. Can't wait to hear how the CDT's will sound when i get them in there!!!

Have to take off the whole front dash just to get to the **** radio. Last 3 vehicle's i owned were insert tool and pull out!

there is a nice ground spot right behind the radio so i can ground it there, i think it might even be grounded there already haven't really checked!

Photo0040.jpg

so messing around with the wiring i found out which one was the constant 12v wire, how can i find out which one is the switched 12v wire by using a DMM?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.