Image dynamics id 8

Nice! Please. Share pics. I tried a doenfiring setup once but it was half @assed. Didn’t put much effort into it other than the nice box that @Buck designed. I should have put more time into it.
two 10’s in that small of airspace?

Here's some pics I had on my phone when I built that.

The legs in the rear made the box sit level so there is quite a bit of room between the subs and floor.
IMG_20210306_114038.jpg
IMG_20210306_114048.jpg
IMG_20210306_121030.jpg
IMG_20210306_121040.jpg
IMG_20210306_121051.jpg
IMG_20210306_125123.jpg

you could do an enhanced sealed box using 2 12 inch radiators and 4 8 inch subs. The box is built to sealed box specs and the radiators would tune the box to 25 HZ. The biggest challenge is fitting it all in a small box during designing.

I've been kicking around doing ported 8s and I think you can get away with 4x 8" passive radiators if using the Earthquake SLAPs because they have massive throw - 3.5" on the 8". Obviously that depends on the 8" sub because there are some beastly 8 inchers out there.

I've been kicking around doing ported 8s and I think you can get away with 4x 8" passive radiators if using the Earthquake SLAPs because they have massive throw - 3.5" on the 8". Obviously that depends on the 8" sub because there are some beastly 8 inchers out there.
It also depends on what type of response you want. A ported type response will require more cone area for the radiators than the subs regardless of throw. You have mechanical loss when using radiators that a port doesn’t have, which can be kinda counteracted by having more radiators cone area than the subs. When I did my 8 with a single 10 inch radiator in a ported box air space, the radiator went over the max 51 mm of xmax. In a sealed box air space that same radiator only had 40 mm xmax. Adding the 2nd 10 radiator in a ported air space design gives me really close to a ported box sound (not quite as loud because of physical mechanical loss, but close), and the radiators move about 32 mm each at tuning. Radiator setups are tricky but I really like the versatility of what can be done with them.

It also depends on what type of response you want. A ported type response will require more cone area for the radiators than the subs regardless of throw. You have mechanical loss when using radiators that a port doesn’t have, which can be kinda counteracted by having more radiators cone area than the subs. When I did my 8 with a single 10 inch radiator in a ported box air space, the radiator went over the max 51 mm of xmax. In a sealed box air space that same radiator only had 40 mm xmax. Adding the 2nd 10 radiator in a ported air space design gives me really close to a ported box sound (not quite as loud because of physical mechanical loss, but close), and the radiators move about 32 mm each at tuning. Radiator setups are tricky but I really like the versatility of what can be done with them.

Just throwing it out there. In my case the 8s were much more appealing from install perspective.

Ok guys, so I decided to do some riding around today since it’s soo nice outside. Playing a variety of music. I discovered that my box isn’t as solid as I thought. One of the angles seems to be coming apart. I wondered why my bass sounded better when I would push the box against the back wall and once I moved my hand applying pressure, I would hear this weird sound. Also, I am not sure if my 4” port is sufficient. I did a design in bass box pro and the 4” port seemed to be stir simplest.
Can someone model my Strato 8’s and see ifI have enough port area? Amp is Ct sounds 2000.1. Instead of going a different sub route, I want to see if I can get my current setup to sound better. If I need more port area, I can just build another box and this time take my time and do it right. Thanks for all you guys help and suggestions but I’m going to try and make these strato’s work. They put in work and I do like them.

I watched your videos, very impressive!!
I want to try a new box for my current 8’s before moving To something else. My 2 are impressive, I can only imagine 4😳

People are usually pretty shocked when they see I'm only running 4 - 8's and that I've broke my overhead console and rear view mirror. Are you running the Id 8's?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...