Image dynamics id 8

Alright guys, the Dayton audio um8 has caught my eye. Once I get home I’ll measure and make sure I’ve enough clearance and if so, they may be what I go with.

Guess I was wanting to do sealed because of my available air space.
although Ct sounds suggest a cube for 4 meso 6.5’s, you think that is too small?
I could do more space but not behinds my seats. Don’t want to use any space between my seats for The reason that I will prob build a center console and incorporate armrest.

Personally I think .25 is too small. .35-.45 would likely be were I went. At even push to .5per if possible. But that said I'd model them all in a box program first since some subs do act funny.

My dd506 we're in .5 each 1.15gross for 2 of them. Technically that box was supposed to be too big but the 300w subs took 750 each for nearly a year before being sold in as new condition

Personally I think .25 is too small. .35-.45 would likely be were I went. At even push to .5per if possible. But that said I'd model them all in a box program first since some subs do act funny.

My dd506 we're in .5 each 1.15gross for 2 of them. Technically that box was supposed to be too big but the 300w subs took 750 each for nearly a year before being sold in as new condition
Almost all quad 6.5 setups I’ve seen where in 2 cubes.

Sealed with a net of 2 cubes, most 8’s will work perfectly fine in .5 cubes each (running 4 of them). If you knock it down to two 8’s, ported is an option as well. That mounting depth is gonna be the biggest factor on what to go with imo.

Sealed with a net of 2 cubes, most 8’s will work perfectly fine in .5 cubes each (running 4 of them). If you knock it down to two 8’s, ported is an option as well. That mounting depth is gonna be the biggest factor on what to go with imo.
Exactly! Let me ask you guys, those meso 6.5’s have a low xmax like 8/9mm. How much of a factor is that as far as loudness. I understand xmax but not sure if it won’t matter as much since I would be running 4 subs.

Almost all quad 6.5 setups I’ve seen where in 2 cubes.

Yea I found that to work with my dad subs I had as well it worked out to 1.15 before displacements and 1.05 after for (2) I never bought another 2.

The current plan for my particular vehicle is (4) savard hi-q 6.5s in 2.5net after displacements but I may shrink the box a bit depending on a few things.

Exactly! Let me ask you guys, those meso 6.5’s have a low xmax like 8/9mm. How much of a factor is that as far as loudness. I understand xmax but not sure if it won’t matter as much since I would be running 4 subs.

when It comes to maximum spl, xmax isn’t the only thing that matters but it’s definitely something that can increase output when playing lower bass frequencies. Other factors come into play here as well but if all other things are equal, the sub With the higher xmax will be louder at lower frequencies compared to the one with less. Of course it’s most likely going to take a certain amount of extra xmax for it to be measurable. How much extra? That I can’t answer 🥺

when It comes to maximum spl, xmax isn’t the only thing that matters but it’s definitely something that can increase output when playing lower bass frequencies. Other factors come into play here as well but if all other things are equal, the sub With the higher xmax will be louder at lower frequencies compared to the one with less. Of course it’s most likely going to take a certain amount of extra xmax for it to be measurable. How much extra? That I can’t answer 🥺
I think I’m getting drawn back into loudness when I just want some sound quality😩

I know you mentioned you want a console with arm rest, Have you thought about a center console with subs?

I researched this for months before having a box designed across all car audio forums and for Best SQ and Loudness it seemed to be a console with subs Down firing and port to the front for loading.

I got the two 10's in 1.10 tuned to 33hz on a Zapco 2k and it does well for SQ and still gets down..

I can try and get a few pics up if you like.

I know you mentioned you want a console with arm rest, Have you thought about a center console with subs?

I researched this for months before having a box designed across all car audio forums and for Best SQ and Loudness it seemed to be a console with subs Down firing and port to the front for loading.

I got the two 10's in 1.10 tuned to 33hz on a Zapco 2k and it does well for SQ and still gets down..

I can try and get a few pics up if you like.
Nice! Please. Share pics. I tried a doenfiring setup once but it was half @assed. Didn’t put much effort into it other than the nice box that @Buck designed. I should have put more time into it.
two 10’s in that small of airspace?

Nice! Please. Share pics. I tried a doenfiring setup once but it was half @assed. Didn’t put much effort into it other than the nice box that @Buck designed. I should have put more time into it.
two 10’s in that small of airspace?

Yeah it's a little different than most pre-fab downfires.. My tranny tunnel slopes down alot from front to back so I was able to get the subs off the ground like 3" to 4" VS. 1" where the sound could get muffled.

Yes on the two 10's I'll get some pics up today.

Hey guys, tried many setups in my single cab and some worked better than others. I finally got my front stage sounding pretty satisfying (to my ears).
So, I want to switch it up as far as bass. I want to try a sealed setup with quad 6.5’ or 8’s behind seats. Id8 comes to mind. Any thoughts on if they would work well and if they would sound ok? Not looking for something like a ported setup will give. Just want some good sounding bass that would get decently loud to blend well with my front stage.
frint stage consist of infinity kappa perfect mids and xovers paired with cdt drt26 tweets. Amp is nvx vad 8402
Power for subs is ct sounds 2000.1
Any input is appreciated even if it’s to tell me it’s a dumb idea.

With sealed, check your Fc/Fsc and Qtc on the woofers with whatever sealed box ranges they can use. Your Fc is your peak frequency with whatever sub(s) in whatever sealed box chamber size, and the Qtc shows how hard that Fc peak is and how relatively hard or soft the roll off is on either side of the db hump. Smaller subs in sealed will tend to have a fairly high Fc number, so you’ll have to find some small subs that’ll basically play as low as you want them to, that’s all up to you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...