Im thinking of trading my JL Audio for these ... what do you think?

I just realized that he thinks i was implying that simply placing a sub in the vehicle does not cause a gain... I used the wrong words and i apologize. Anyways, of course enclosing any acoustic wave and forcing it to travel in a certain direction enhances it. This a pretty basic piece of knowledge that anyone who's been doing this for more than a week knows. My poorly used words regarding response were in regards to the frequency "peak" being a misnomer. And i think Rich knew where i had tripped up, hence his added words regarding phase.
Everyone is wrong and crazy except for him, obviously.... We all know the type. Especially here. You and i have done the same dbag arguing thing, here and there, over the past few years without realizing how silly we looked, in an acute fashion... but he's def on a higher level then we could dream of being lmao. My personal opinion is he feels like he has a LOT to prove... likely due to a personality disorder. No sane or rational person does what he does in a conversation about audio... poor guy. :-(
I'm German bro, we're very educated, outspoken, opinionated and extremely heated debates are a national past time. If you can't stand the heat get the **** out the kitchen. If having no tolerance for ignorant people and defending yourself from ignorant attacks is a personality disorder then so be it, I'll be the first to admit I have it.

You guys are both ******** for taking over this thread.

If I could get $450 for that 10w6v3 with box, I would take it and buy something else without thinking twice. If you want something that has good sound quality and hammers the lows, I would consider either a SSA GCON or even better, ICON 15.

GCON-15 Sound Solutions Audio 15" 750W GCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

ICON 15 Sound Solutions Audio 15" 1250W ICON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

In a nice 4 cubic foot box tuned to around 30-32hz, the difference over that JL will be huge. HUGE.

If I could get $450 for that 10w6v3 with box, I would take it and buy something else without thinking twice. If you want something that has good sound quality and hammers the lows, I would consider either a SSA GCON or even better, ICON 15.

In a nice 4 cubic foot box tuned to around 30-32hz, the difference over that JL will be huge. HUGE.

I didn't want to but then again I'm not going to sit and let somebody bash me without defending myself. I'm the type of person that takes no ****. Apologies to OP.

But another thing worth debating is 100db+100db = 103db because I've always heard that the doubling of an audible increase of sound is equal to 2db which would be 102db and also why some high end home receivers volume go in 2dB increments.
there is nothing to debate. it's logarithmic math.

10*log(10^(100dB/10)+10^(100db/10)) = 103dB.

doubling of sound energy is a 3dB increase. anyone who told you different doesn't understand fundamental acoustics theory.

for adding more than two sources, just keep adding within the log. 10*log(10^(dB1/10)+10^(dB2/10)+...+10^(dBn/10)) = sum of all sources. note it's log base 10. i can't do subscripts here.

i do a lot of acoustics math in Excel.

agreed.

it's up to the OP to determine if they want a compact system or a massive system. total loss of storage space is something the OP has to consider.

personally, i love JL products - especially their loaded enclosures. they are so well designed and have a ton of R&D in them. Their chamber-coupled ported enclosures are fantastic. Swapping the JL 10 for a homemade 15" enclosure will be a loss of musicality as trade for more output. an SQ system does not have overpowering bass, instead the bass appears in the soundstage and the emphasis is on getting the front speakers to reproduce midbass.

I had my balls clipped yesterday so I wont be making a purchase today as I wanted to . Recovery is not as easy as I expected, lol. I am mostly going to sell the w6v3 and buy bigger and more wattage as many are suggesting. I have a guy selling a W7 13.5 for 600 and then I have another selling a JL 12'' W7 for 650 in a JL box. If these fall through I am really liking the Sundpwn X15 ... the youtube videos are sweet and then there are the subs that you guys have offered. I will be going through all links and researching a bit but first I have to get better. Now its my turn to give some advise. If you think you're done with kids have your girl get fixed during giving birth cause this **** aint easy, lol.

agreed.
it's up to the OP to determine if they want a compact system or a massive system. total loss of storage space is something the OP has to consider.

personally, i love JL products - especially their loaded enclosures. they are so well designed and have a ton of R&D in them. Their chamber-coupled ported enclosures are fantastic. Swapping the JL 10 for a homemade 15" enclosure will be a loss of musicality as trade for more output. an SQ system does not have overpowering bass, instead the bass appears in the soundstage and the emphasis is on getting the front speakers to reproduce midbass.
I definitely agree with that last part. Midbass is always lacking in systems with subs.

I had my balls clipped yesterday so I wont be making a purchase today as I wanted to . Recovery is not as easy as I expected, lol. I am mostly going to sell the w6v3 and buy bigger and more wattage as many are suggesting. I have a guy selling a W7 13.5 for 600 and then I have another selling a JL 12'' W7 for 650 in a JL box. If these fall through I am really liking the Sundpwn X15 ... the youtube videos are sweet and then there are the subs that you guys have offered. I will be going through all links and researching a bit but first I have to get better. Now its my turn to give some advise. If you think you're done with kids have your girl get fixed during giving birth cause this **** aint easy, lol.
i got snipped earlier this year. take it easy, bro. perfect excuse to do some gaming, read several books, or catch up on shows on Hulu. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the 13W7 is a sweet sub. capable of 140dB+ by itself.

fcffe6274d2ca13e5c286c85cbae09ba.jpg

i'm continuing effort on this build for a buddy. next, we're adding ZR-800CW for added midbass, building a custom vented enclosure, adding another HD amp, and rebuilding the entire layout.

So you've been thru my pain, rough stuff - that's a nice pic of your w7 , is that a 12 or a 13.5? 140db is a lot but with this big old van I have I need more to feel more since I'm far from the door now.

Id get a 13.5 w7 over a sundown X. Sundown is not necessarily an sound quality woofer, quite far from it actually.

An SSA xcon 15" will be a match for the 13w7 though.

So you've been thru my pain, rough stuff - that's a nice pic of your w7 , is that a 12 or a 13.5? 140db is a lot but with this big old van I have I need more to feel more since I'm far from the door now.
One of the worst experiences of my life. Doc didn't wait for the numbness to kick in. Nearly hit the freaking ceiling when he cut. And the bruising.......

So I picked up a JL W7 12'' in JL box see link for an example:

It is alot louder than my w6v3 in the HO box made by JL but it is punchy and lacks that soft deeper bass that my W6 had. Im thinking I need a new box. What do you guys think?

So I picked up a JL W7 12'' in JL box see link for an example:

It is alot louder than my w6v3 in the HO box made by JL but it is punchy and lacks that soft deeper bass that my W6 had. Im thinking I need a new box. What do you guys think?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.