I'm new and looking for advice based on my budget.

Does volume have to be exactly the same? The recommended JL audio box dimensions are as follows:

18 in. x 13.25 in. x 13.5 in. = 3219.75 cubic in.

Can I do 15.855 in. x 14.25 in. x 14.25 in. = 3219.55 cubic in. or is that too much off?

Also, there's the "SLOT PORT INTERNAL DIMENSIONS"...

1.0 in. x 11.75 in. x 29 in.

These can stay the same, correct?

Some test designs:

Front

733856measure1.png

Above

439128measure2.png

15.85 in. x 14.25 in. x 14.25 in.

1.86258 ft³ @ 31.0 Hz

(This is external though, i'm not quite sure how to turn that into internal.)

I spent a lot of time on this... is it right?

***** your dad couldn't come to the conclusion that online buying is not so bad.

Oh well, just wanted to comment on your deck choice.

If you need to know anything about it, hit me up. I just recently sold it due to me getting out of CA right now, but was a very nice budget deck. Works very well and has a **** ton of features for what it is.

Good luck with the build.

Bump because my system is all set and installed.

I ended up going with a pretty similar set up to what I had earlier posted. I headed over to Avenue Sound with a printout of woofersetc.com prices and they matched every single one of them. Installation was $350.

During the installation, I received a call saying that they were out of JL 10" W1V2's, so they upgraded me to 13.5" W1V2's for no extra cost. Pretty amazing eh?

Anyway, this is the system I ended up with:

http://www.trportfolio.net/car_stuff.html

Forgot to mention, they also threw in a ported box for $50, custom made to my subs.

Bump because my system is all set and installed.
I ended up going with a pretty similar set up to what I had earlier posted. I headed over to Avenue Sound with a printout of woofersetc.com prices and they matched every single one of them. Installation was $350.

During the installation, I received a call saying that they were out of JL 10" W1V2's, so they upgraded me to 13.5" W1V2's for no extra cost. Pretty amazing eh?

Anyway, this is the system I ended up with:

http://www.trportfolio.net/car_stuff.html

Forgot to mention, they also threw in a ported box for $50, custom made to my subs.
Ha, missed the posts on the box, but that's awesome. Glad they were able to do that.

Yes, does it sound good there?

And also, horseman, I'm in the KCK area. Olathe, to be more exact.

Holy ****, it's my dream come true. I have to post some videos of this thing... not much compared to all you competition junkies, but it is certainly amazing for my wants and needs.

I have a bit of rattling around the license plate, and a tiny bit of the actual trunk, so i'll have to fix that up. No install pics, considering I got it professionally installed and they didn't take pictures of it. I'll post a video when I get off work tomorrow... and after I buy an AUX cable.

Only gripe I have as of yet is that when i'm in AUX mode, the HU doesn't display the time, so I have to look at my cell phone. But of course, I haven't played with the HU nearly enough to experience it's tons and tons of features... so i'm probably missing a simple option.

Thanks to everyone for helping me pick this system, videos to come soon.

Great to hear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Just want to point out one thing - the amp puts out more rated power than the rear speakers can handle - set the gains lower for those to compensate. Don't want to blow them ^_^

Glad you're happy with it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yeah I made sure they did that during the install, thanks pluto.

Anyone know how loud I can turn these subs out without risking blowing them out? I really don't plan to try it, but just incase - I know I have a Woofer L on the HU that goes from -15 to +15, and then I have the actual volume that goes up to around 30 I think. I also have a Bass setting, like the Treble and Mid, goes up to +8.

My woofers are underpowered i'm pretty sure, but I don't want to blow them out or anything. The guy showed me how to use everything, but didn't really tell me the max I could play the bass at. This, to be honest, is just to show my friends when they want to check out my bass - when I showed a few friends the day I got the system, I was hesitant to turn them up too much because the last thing I want to do is blow them out the same week I got them.

EDIT: And how would I stop the license plate from rattling? It's pretty annoying.

Well, for the license plate, I don't have experience with it personally, but I'd assume the easiest way would be to add some insulation under the screws, and on the underside of the license plate. That would deaden the rattling against the car. Hot glue it down all along the underside of it, and screw it back down. Like I said, I can't guarantee it would work, but I would assume it works from common sense
For the bass output? You should just set the gains normally - HU volume max, bass boost off, sub level at +15. Then, if you ever want to get the slight extra bit, bass boost can do that, but I wouldn't recommend that. This approach is ideal, as you can balance it out and turn it up at lower HU volumes to match the treble, if needed. But, if you turn up the HU to max, put the bass boost on 0. Really, the easiest way to get the most potential is just having the gains right. If those are set correctly, you won't need to worry about blowing the system.

Just skimmed through this post and I'm glad you found what you're looking for roper. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And thanks for the easy to understand grammatical structure, clarity, intelligible nature, and proper form of your posts, if more people took to your example it would be much easier to help them out! It's nice to see someone who sets forth their goals clearly instead of just "Yo I want to be bumpin' loud man" or "I want some subz that are louder den my friendz" or **** like that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

And definitely get us some vids man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Oh and don't forget to help others out with what you have learned //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.