I'm hooking up 3 type r alpine 12 inch subs

dude that sundown is going to do more like 4000w on the right electrical so please be sure to set the gains right or your going to blow ur subs. n kudos for looking outside the box and finding a company like sundown. if you want another brand to look into that makes good amps american bass i going to be a good one and there pretty reasonable

i'd say if your already looking in to rockford's bdcp line, grab the SAZ 3500.1 or soundqubed 3500.1 and skip the hifonics and belva. If its the newest generation type Rs, they'll eat 1k rms each not 600 like someone stated before and you'll also have impedance rise to deal with too so those two amps would actually have the perfect amount of power your looking for. Make sure you have the big 3 done and all your batterys are AGM not lead acid. Depending on the battery size you might have to add 1-3 more if your planning on pushing 3-4k rms. only 1 in the back is not nearly enough with a stock alt.

i'd say if your already looking in to rockford's bdcp line, grab the SAZ 3500.1 or soundqubed 3500.1 and skip the hifonics and belva. If its the newest generation type Rs, they'll eat 1k rms each not 600 like someone stated before and you'll also have impedance rise to deal with too so those two amps would actually have the perfect amount of power your looking for. Make sure you have the big 3 done and all your batterys are AGM not lead acid. Depending on the battery size you might have to add 1-3 more if your planning on pushing 3-4k rms. only 1 in the back is not nearly enough with a stock alt.
thats one thing im not good at is setting the gains i usually let the person setting it up do that

what second battery do you suggest

now i already have one battery in the back its a sk-bt20 SHURiKEN SK-BT20 12V Car Battery Power Cell (SKBT20) do i just swapp them out or add to it
you can just add to it if its still relatively new,k if its getting pretty old then i would swap it out. For sure you gonna need either 1-2 big battery or 2-3 extra medium batterys because that shuriken battery is TINY and running 3-4k is gonna need a decent battery bank if you want voltages above 14V. As for battery recommendations, on the cheap side, if you have a sam's club membership, the duracell agms there are pretty beefy and relatively cheap. Other choices are Deka and sears diehard platinum agms.

you can just add to it if its still relatively new,k if its getting pretty old then i would swap it out. For sure you gonna need either 1-2 big battery or 2-3 extra medium batterys because that shuriken battery is tiny and running 3-4k is gonna need a decent battery bank if you want voltages above 14v. As for battery recommendations, on the cheap side, if you have a sam's club membership, the duracell agms there are pretty beefy and relatively cheap. Other choices are deka and sears diehard platinum agms.
ok thanks for the help i never really thought that sk battery was enough for me 3 type s subs i had

now i already have one battery in the back its a sk-bt20 SHURiKEN SK-BT20 12V Car Battery Power Cell (SKBT20) do i just swapp them out or add to it
add to it. for 3k watts your going to want to add 2 more g31 style batterys to it if you want to keep good voltage. and honestly your going to want a h.o alternator too. i would not go with mechman. i run a mechman and dont like it. im going to be upgrading to a singer h.o alternator and wish i would have got one of those first.

add to it. for 3k watts your going to want to add 2 more g31 style batterys to it if you want to keep good voltage. and honestly your going to want a h.o alternator too. i would not go with mechman. i run a mechman and dont like it. im going to be upgrading to a singer h.o alternator and wish i would have got one of those first.
would i be ok if i hold out getting the h.o. alternator

for a while

make sure the person setting it for you uses a DD-1 or oscilloscope or at least do a 10-15 min torture test if he's setting by ear. Type R subs will take the 1k rms just fine but if there's any form of clipping, they'll blow extremely fast.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.