Optimizing my home theatre with car audio? Help me...

Participant count
  • Participant list
Experts,

Can you tell me how I should go about optimizing my system. I'm using car audio equipment in a home theatre set-up. So hopefully I'm posting in the right place. My receiver is an Emerson home CD player with RCA to a kenwood kac7201 or an eclipse ea2000car amplifier. Powering the amp is a computer power supply unit 550 watts and a 12" eclipse sw62123.4. Which amp should I use? One seems to over power, while the other under powers. I've been trying to read up on how other people set stuff like this up in their homes. I've seen stuff about line coils etc....can someone give me a rough idea of what I'm looking at for a "descent" set-up? What I'm also trying to figure out is do I need something else? I have this up and running and am not quite satisfied because I can hear voice through the sub. Does this mean my low pass filters on my amp aren't doing their job and I need like a crossover or something? I also wanted to add one more 12" sub...is it ok if I find one that has the same rms (250watts) and impedance(4ohm)? The reason why I ask is because I can't find another eclipse 12" sw6123.4.

Thanks

Chris

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.