I'm cookin' batteries...

and here's my mystery,how can my stock battery handle it no problems and its almost 9yrs old and i've ran even more off it and its smaller and still no problems... i know the agm is better, why more problems....
Agm batts are pretty sensitive to their charge voltage

I've had issues with the electrical on my cavalier. Finally got my voltage to stay up and keep my amp from clipping by moving my back yellowtop up front to the stock position and getting rid of my stock battery. With the stock upfront and yellowtop in the rear I had voltage issues. I do run a HO Alt. from excessive amperage. So yeah cavy is replaced by the cobalt pretty much. Maybe you got some electrical to look into too.

I'm just running 1500 watts and I barely achieve RMS without clipping with a HO alt, big 3 and everything 1/0 for the sub amp everything 4gauge for the speaker amp. I went through my connections the other day and some of them were showing corrosion, so I had to clean up a few of my grounds. I suggest upgrading electrical until you solve the issue.

I've had issues with the electrical on my cavalier. Finally got my voltage to stay up and keep my amp from clipping by moving my back yellowtop up front to the stock position and getting rid of my stock battery. With the stock upfront and yellowtop in the rear I had voltage issues. I do run a HO Alt. from excessive amperage. So yeah cavy is replaced by the cobalt pretty much. Maybe you got some electrical to look into too.
I'm just running 1500 watts and I barely achieve RMS without clipping with a HO alt, big 3 and everything 1/0 for the sub amp everything 4gauge for the speaker amp. I went through my connections the other day and some of them were showing corrosion, so I had to clean up a few of my grounds. I suggest upgrading electrical until you solve the issue.
no upfront batt., battery in the back was optima y.t, currently a new stock batt., big 3 done and everything in car, kicker true 0ga ofc, 140a alt, everything set w/dmm....

no upfront batt., battery in the back was optima y.t, currently a new stock batt., big 3 done and everything in car, kicker true 0ga ofc, 140a alt, everything set w/dmm....
Well when I finally solved the issue, I got rid of my back battery altogether, it was unecessary and somehow causing the issue. When I would check the DMM on my front battery and the one on my back battery, the front was staying up above proper voltage, the rear was dropping slightly below. So I don't know what to say there, maybe the front battery being closer to the alternator gets charged quicker/better. I know with my Yellowtop it is really good about holding on to voltage above 12.6 for a while, like if I kill my engine, the batt will sit at around 13.3 or so for a while. So yeah you could try what I did and get rid of the rear batt altogether just to see if it solves your issue. Of coarse you have already solved it I guess. Just if I were you I'd try throwing the Yellowtop up front and just running that.

Well when I finally solved the issue, I got rid of my back battery altogether, it was unecessary and somehow causing the issue. When I would check the DMM on my front battery and the one on my back battery, the front was staying up above proper voltage, the rear was dropping slightly below. So I don't know what to say there, maybe the front battery being closer to the alternator gets charged quicker/better. I know with my Yellowtop it is really good about holding on to voltage above 12.6 for a while, like if I kill my engine, the batt will sit at around 13.3 or so for a while. So yeah you could try what I did and get rid of the rear batt altogether just to see if it solves your issue. Of coarse you have already solved it I guess. Just if I were you I'd try throwing the Yellowtop up front and just running that.
lol, there is no battery under the hood, stock battery is in the trunk... 13.1 is standard for y.t

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.