I'm a noob. So 2ohm or 4ohm or......

Participant count
  • Participant list

McOpCo

So I'm about to put a jl HD900/5 in my tahoe. I'm also putting in the jl c2650x coaxial in the four doors and I have 10w6v3 for the sub. The hd900 is running the whole show. So it's going to be 4ohm on the high pass but I don't know what to do or if it matters for the low pass. Because of the rips technology in the HD amp I get the same power output at 1.5-4 ohms but I would think in my noob mind that running the sub at 2 ohms would actually be less work for the amp since resistance is reduced but output status the same. Is that the way it works out an I dumb. Also is there any Sq spl difference on the 2 vs 4 setup?

Thanks guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.