If horns are not Loud enough? what to do

I figured it out a bit. My gain on the amp were almost to none.

And my Mids were the ones shutting off.

I turned down the gains on the mids and its much better.

how do i fix the mids problem

Another factor to consider is that the CD1E horn is a piezo driver that is a capacitive load rather than a resistive load on the amp. Some amps do not drive capacitive loads well, it could be that your muting is the amp going into protection mode and lowering the signal. A clue to this is that you stated that the amp was getting hot. You have acouple of options;

- Switch to the CD1 horn or get a new driver that has a resistive load.

- Use the CSX1 xover from image dynamics, this shows a resistive load to the amp and has some frequency shaping.

lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.