speaker depth extender?

hawaiian5
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ok. here is the problem i have a 2003 accord and i wanna put 2 eu-700's in the front door. when i showed the speakers to the guys at the audio shop, they laughed and said that there is no way that it would fit in the doors. anyone got ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO EXTEND THE MOUNTING DEPTH WITHOUT PAYING ALOT OF MONEY ? the audio guys said that it would cost me $1000 to custom make something to fit. i dont wanna pay that much. any ideas on how to make them fit? ANYONE KNOW THE MOUNTING DEPTH OF A 03 ACCORD 6.5 SPEAKER.

those people you went to are retarted, just find a good guy who does fiberglassing and you can get some door pods or kick pods made for like 300, and it will give you much better sound that being in the door.

not positive but i think he meant 1 per door, if thats the case you might be able to set each in the stock location and see how much of a spacer you need, cut some mdf rings with the thickness needed and screw it to the door, only problem you might see is that the door panel may not fit back over properly because of it sticking out too far and in that case you will need some fiberglassing

thx alot bryan, thats exactky what i was hoping for. im gonna have someone measure everything for me and get some custom made ones from those guys. thx and aloha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.