If horns are not Loud enough? what to do

wow.......just wow..

horns are capable of being so loud it's not even funny. When people sit in my truck the first thing they say is "your highs are so loud."

I'm not even sending them hardly a volt of power.

I would look at the xovers first?

They seem the cause of the attenuation you hear. They are protecting what apparently is a clipped signal.

That should be stupid loud. Even with the power supplied.

they dont shut off.
Imagine listening to a trumpet... and all of a sudden listening to a Muted trumpet...

Thats what happens

it doesnt shut off.

I have a coustic crossover. Im not sure on the crossover at the amp question.. but i can check. Will the crossover point effect the horns goin to protection
my bad but on stuff i have when i push mute it completely goes away

how much did it cost to do the kicks
kickpanels are prefabs from q-logic; cheap (in build quality) but convenient for about $125. frontstage with horns can do complelety without the kickpanel setup, i just left them in for showoff wow factor. xxx mids are IB in the doors, too deep for the kickpanels.

Im talking about a real life trumpet vs a muted real life trumpet
thats what happensto my horns...

if u never heard a muted trumpet, then... i dunoo what to say
Ive heard the "muted trumpet"and it was on the CDT xovers i had before i upgraded to the 200's. One thing or another was causing them to attenuate. I would lose half the sound until i turned it back down but onyl gain 80% of the original output for a period of time and eventually they would come back to full.

i switched to a xover with no protection, bought a bigger and am im rockin and rollin.

WTF..... I was sruisin bumpin, truned the sub off to see the true issue

MY mids SHUT OFF!!!!!. wtf. the amp is bridged...... its get hot, its that why its shuts off. i have the mid ar -4 and it shut off at 25..

So my problem is the MIDSSSS!

hey comlpety SHUT off

oh man problems

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.