IB questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

NinjaBass

Low Bass Lover
North AL
I know the only way to really find out is to do it but right now I have the cones facing the cabin like a normal IB setup but was wondering how output and sound would change if I turned them around and faced the cones toward the trunk with seat up, seat down, or seat up with center part down. With past experience which were with boxes facing toward the cabin was louder

with IB it doesn't matter which direction you face the subs. just reverse polarity/phase to account for the change.

i've done IB in the same car and it didn't matter.

you do have changes in performance with seat up vs down vs ski pass open. i preferred ski pass open but in general, seat up and ski pass closed was the best for SQ because the subs weren't as easily located (bass in soundstage)

since i've done exactly what you're asking in the same car, i can say the difference in output is nil.

some subs have motor noise from airflow, some don't. mine didn't and it wasn't an issue.

since i've done exactly what you're asking in the same car, i can say the difference in output is nil.
some subs have motor noise from airflow, some don't. mine didn't and it wasn't an issue.
So probably no point in doing it? I thought maybe since the motors would be facing the back seat and with ski pass open or closed it would be different since that side of the sub would not be in such a large volume of area

note how you can mount a sub inverted in an enclosure and the only change is displacement volume.

with IB sub displacement volume is moot.

the reason i changed it around was aesthetics. with the motors toward the cab i could put grills on the subs and gain my entire trunk back. with the motor towards the cab it was more showy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.