I want 2 12s that like a sealed box and will take 1500 watts each

they arent optimized for sealed at all man. None of the SSA woofers are optimized for sealed, the EBP, QTS are all off. I've tested a few ssa woofers in sealed, They are much MUCH better in a ported. As in They should never be in a sealed ever! kind of results.
I can care less about the specs in most cases. I try different configurations and several types of enclosures ect,and have since the late 80s, amplifiers,and several , several different types of installs.Over the years Ive experimented out of the norm as others have of which of some of the knowledge is spoken today with what we know and have experienced and have had hands on from experimenting and have taken what most consider RISK.Ive tried the Gcon 12s in a sealed enclosure in a 93 hatch Integra on my one of my Autotek Mean Machine 99s and it sounded absolutely amazing for the duration I had them in there.Pretty clean sealed with my experiencing

I always wanted to try some Daytons. For the price and how much everyone raves about them, they are tempting too. However still 700W RMS...
Have you played with these before? What about IDQs? Any comparisons?
Ive ran a pair of Dayton HO 10s and still have them in my amp/audio room/both in a sealed 3.0 cu ft enclosure, and they did pretty nicely in a 98 CRV for a while.Not ground shakers by any means but really clean punched bass I got from them.Nice clean sounding subs.I do think the IDQs sound much better,as Ive heard several but yet, in several different types of vehicles,and not on my own within any of my own.Boston Oval subs sound pretty good, but that Flatline Arc 1k 12 is one best Ive ever experienced and sounded fantastic

I mightve missed it but has anyone asked what the volume of this box is? Its a truck so i doubt very much regardless if its behind or under the seats? 12s dont tend to fit in trucks (at least not adequately) even sealed most 12s need 1 cube each atleast.
You can get a 12/even a pair of 8s or 10s in a center console setup/in the seat between the drive and passenger..ported as well as sealed.Ive sat in several single cab trucks with these types of enclosures and sounded pretty dammned good..Its another option rather than under a seats or behind the seats

So um, before making a ridiculous comment, have you seen his truck at all? I googled it lastnight, as you should also, and OP is def tight on space. Ported isn't gonna work for him.
Why is the comment ridiculous? I’m just saying sealed hasn’t worked for me. Maybe this will steer him towards ported and as many said maybe he can do a single 12 or 10 or a couple of 10s or 8s etc. I’m just trying to save him from the disappointment of sealed output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sealed has its place. This is the first time I’ve ran sealed in the last 15 years.

I don’t think I’ll use ported again unless I go back to a ground pounder

Ported only gains a few DB around the port tuning and it sacrifices the top end.

It’s all a give and take.

Sealed has its place. This is the first time I’ve ran sealed in the last 15 years. I don’t think I’ll use ported again unless I go back to a ground pounder

Ported only gains a few DB around the port tuning and it sacrifices the top end.

It’s all a give and take.
What pros and cons can you share with us? I sensed a low output of volume but appreciated the punchier softer tight boom. It was nice but I guess I’m into mirrors shaking and all that. Would I do it it again? Probably, every once in a while I experiment too out of boredom.

What pros and cons can you share with us? I sensed a low output of volume but appreciated the punchier softer tight boom. It was nice but I guess I’m into mirrors shaking and all that. Would I do it it again? Probably, every once in a while I experiment too out of boredom.

Pros. More uniformed range. Better mid bass.

Cons. Softer low end but it’s not bloated and more true to the source.

But it’s all woofer dependent.

Why is the comment ridiculous? I’m just saying sealed hasn’t worked for me. Maybe this will steer him towards ported and as many said maybe he can do a single 12 or 10 or a couple of 10s or 8s etc. I’m just trying to save him from the disappointment of sealed output.

I don't think you understand what limited space means. If someone is dead set on sealed AND limited on space, well there you go. You wanna design a sealed enclosure for the OP I'd love to see it.

Sealed isn't for everybody, but when you don't have much room, sometimes you have no choice. Or get another vehicle.

I don't think you understand what limited space means. If someone is dead set on sealed AND limited on space, well there you go. You wanna design a sealed enclosure for the OP I'd love to see it.
Sealed isn't for everybody, but when you don't have much room, sometimes you have no choice. Or get another vehicle.
I understand what limited space means and also know that sealed is normally smaller than ported. Just sharing my opinion to the OP is all.

I understand what limited space means and also know that sealed is normally smaller than ported. Just sharing my opinion to the OP is all.

Nah I'm not buying it. You quoted me, therefore I'm taking it as such. Your opinion is invalid.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.