I want 2 12s that like a sealed box and will take 1500 watts each

Yeah, you're going to have a tall order to run 1500W RSM each in a sealed application with that mounting depth. Can you not run a ported setup or do you not want to run a ported setup?

Based on your wants, you might look into DD SL series or possibly Oncore audio SM series
Oncore seems really interesting, especially their surround technology being able to increase cone area by 100 sq in! Neat the founder of Image Dynamics is the one of the owners of Oncore.

Yeah, you're going to have a tall order to run 1500W RSM each in a sealed application with that mounting depth. Can you not run a ported setup or do you not want to run a ported setup?
I know. I want to run a sealed setup. My thoughts are that if I can get a sealed setup to play loud and low I will be thoroughly pleased. True SQL.

I mightve missed it but has anyone asked what the volume of this box is? Its a truck so i doubt very much regardless if its behind or under the seats? 12s dont tend to fit in trucks (at least not adequately) even sealed most 12s need 1 cube each atleast.

Oncore seems really interesting, especially their surround technology being able to increase cone area by 100 sq in! Neat the founder of Image Dynamics is the one of the owners of Oncore.

I know. I want to run a sealed setup. My thoughts are that if I can get a sealed setup to play loud and low I will be thoroughly pleased. True SQL.
doesnt work that way. In a truck sealed is a guaranteed under 140 db club and not play lows at all. Truck's resonant frequencies are higher than trunks and suvs so you wont play low, you'll peak high with a sealed box. The overall loading acoustics are different as well, good chance where you position the subs, you wont even get any output due to phase cancellation.

The proper way to do a truck setup would be ported 8s side fire port under the seat tuned for best SQ and bandwidth. Your sealed idea will be the opposite of actual SQL bass.

prime example of a properly done setup.

doesnt work that way. In a truck sealed is a guaranteed under 140 db club and not play lows at all. Truck's resonant frequencies are higher than trunks and suvs so you wont play low, you'll peak high with a sealed box. The overall loading acoustics are different as well, good chance where you position the subs, you wont even get any output due to phase cancellation.
The proper way to do a truck setup would be ported 8s side fire port under the seat tuned for best SQ and bandwidth. Your sealed idea will be the opposite of actual SQL bass.
I stand corrected then. Excellent point, Jeff.

My thoughts have been cabin gain, cabin gain, cabin gain...but I did not think about the fact that pickups have a higher resonant frequency. Hell, I didn't know. ****...I guess I'm going to have to consider a low port area tune. This is a huge cab Tundra crewmax just to mention once again. Because of the size, could it put it in a lower peak frequency category? I will have to get it metered and find out...

And there is no room under my seats for subs...

my buddy's ford ranger tends to peak at low 50s. So in your truck might be upper 40s.
One of my buddy's dodge ram extended peaked at 40hz tuned at 28hz port.
I'm going to have to get re-educated a bit...in a vehicle with a HRF, is it the tuning frequency the most important part of the install? I know it is important, but...say compared to power and cone area as you have more variables to work with in something such as an SUV...

I'm going to have to get re-educated a bit...in a vehicle with a HRF, is it the tuning frequency the most important part of the install? I know it is important, but...say compared to power and cone area as you have more variables to work with in something such as an SUV...
if ported correctly, you should get a good bit louder than an SUV however it'll be a bit harder to play lows unless you build the enclosure for that purpose which requires a good bit of airspace.

The resonant frequency can help with either SPL output and SQ. If its peaking high, you'd want to tune low to flatten the response a bit compared to sealed where you just get a huge spike up top and not much down low.

Sealed boxes lose performance if you ask me. I’ve tried to like them but the output is always weak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.