ported box for 2X 12" kappa perfects

Participant count
  • Participant list

GTP091

This is mostly an in theory question...

Background. I have a 91' Pontiac GTP garage toy and am finally done the car and cabin audio system. Wanting to finally do a proper ported enclosure for the subs. The Grand Prixs of that era have bucket seats in the back with a 'ski' access to the trunk. I've removed this plastic hinged drop down and rebuilt it as a wood frame with Wire mesh covered in box carpet to allow bass from trunk into the cabin as I didn't want to molest the rear deck rigidity. it's about 5" X10"

My plan is to build a ported box with subs and port/s facing the front of the car and amp rack on the back(isolated of course) so I don't get much trunk rattle.

Mostly my question is 2 round ports or my preferred larger single slot port same as Velodyne? I had a discussion with a very knowledgeable car audio guru/installer years ago that I worked with who insisted that when you install multiple subs that they be sealed off from each other inside the box (divider) and run their own individual ports rather than a shared port even when mounted same side. He insisted this eliminated the minute differences between the sub specs interfering with each other. I never really agreed with him on it so wondering if anyone has any thoughts here. I can go either way in the design prefer shared slot port. but it'll bug me if I don't bounce this off someone else.

Im more concerned with deep clean bass than muddy SPL. And also probably over thinking it.

MTX 8001 mono block 'd'

2 Infinity kappa perfects

MTX LSX2 crossover

Pioneer 9800 deck

most guys here that do dual boxes use 1 port, especially if they use big round port.. u know to fire forward u have to seal trunk from car around box right? ps i have 04 gtp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.