I wanna put 2 15's in a chevy silverado 2D extended cab

heres one of many vids of what the crescendo can do, they will be available again at the end of September.. So join the waiting list.. like me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

if you're gonna do 4 subs you're gonna need real power, which means at least an extra battery and 0 gauge which isn't cheap. I'd just suggest a quality 12 and only remove one seat. bobby32 on here is running a PSI reconed Audiopulse Axis 12 and doing high 140's.

if you're gonna do 4 subs you're gonna need real power, which means at least an extra battery and 0 gauge which isn't cheap. I'd just suggest a quality 12 and only remove one seat. bobby32 on here is running a PSI reconed Audiopulse Axis 12 and doing high 140's.
... umm you could get all 4 of the 10s or 12s with the crescendo amp, wiring and a XS 3400 for well under 2k.. Im guessing 1500.. which is right in the ball park he wanted to be in .. its his call on what he wants to do with the rear seats..

Yea ive seen sundown SA12s do Hi 40s as well.. Everything is gonna be dependent on his install.. 2 lvl 3 15s,

1 lvl 4 18 with a sundown 1500d? that gonna put you at about 800 for subs and amp, and you wouldnt need another battery

Here's a box I put in a full sized extended cab Dodge (approx the same space):

P2230102-small.jpg

P2100259.jpg

Box was average sized for dual 15's, 8 cubes gross. I never tried putting the back seat back over the enclosure, but it might have fit.

Just take out the back seat and get it done with, you won't miss it. I know the my back seat area of my '04 dodge quad cab can fit 2 18's below the window line with ease.

Here's a box I put in a full sized extended cab Dodge (approx the same space):
P2230102-small.jpg

P2100259.jpg

Box was average sized for dual 15's, 8 cubes gross. I never tried putting the back seat back over the enclosure, but it might have fit.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I have had several set up's in my Excab ,dual 12s,dual 12s ported

singles,and now just a single FIQ ported.......One is enough for what I listen too and I wanted to save my back seat so I made a lift kit...

To do 2-15s you will have to dump the seat,personally I would never go that route because I like having a seat ,I like my stuff out of sight

of thieves too.......^^^^ that 8 cube box is nice,heavy as FK I would imagine ,Id tint the windows to wart off thieves again

that 8 cube box is nice,heavy as FK I would imagine ,Id tint the windows to wart off thieves again
If you mean the one I posted, it was destroyed in a car accident before I finished installing the stereo. Yes, it was heavy as fuck. Even bolted down, in the accident the box broke free from the false floor and smashed into the front seat, breaking it loose from the floor and pushing the seat into the dash. And that was before I even added the 150 lbs of subwoofer to the box. And people wonder why I harp on them to bolt their boxes down...

personally i would suggest 2 15's, more cone area than 4 10's and you wont spend as much on 2 15's as you would 3 12's

just saying more speakers means more money, and most likely need more power.. a single 21'' death penalty on a (insert budget friendly 2-3kw amp here) would be less than 3 12'' death penalty's alone

Another option if your willing to do a bit of work is putting the sub box where the center console is. Cant remember who it was, but someone on here had 4 12"s in that spot. You could do 2 or 3 and save your back seat.

If anyone knows who that was, post a link to the pics.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.