Newyork
1 MB Quart DSC 1500.1 mono amp

1500w rms @ 1hom (stable)

750w rms @ 2 ohm

350w rms @ 4 ohm

2 Alphasonic Psw810 10" subs

800w rms each

2 0hm DVC

This is a question for all the car audio OGeez!

I let this inexperience audio dude wire my system (Knew he was inexperienced when he tryed to wire each sub to its own channel. MB quart dsc 1500.1 mono amps have 2 channels but you bridge the channels to make it mono, he didnt know that) When he was finished it sounded .....ehh ok. before I bought this system off my cousin it sounded ridicolous (Clean deep lows with no distortion). Can some one help me with a diagram or any suggestions? I was thinking maybe one sub might be blown. IDK! & If I ran 1 sub @ 750w @ 2ohms would it be louder than having 2 subs split the 750 w?

Thanks to all in advance for any advice!

That amp only has one channel. it may have two sets of outputs but its all still the same channel. just helps out with wiring options.
My fault I must have been miss informed but still sounds sub par to its capabilities, any suggestions on how to wire the subs to the amp and @ what ohm?

Worst case scenario: If one of the subs are blown Im going to get rid of the 10's and get some dvc 4 ohm 12's so I can run the amp @ 1ohm. I was thinking either Power Acoustik FUBAR-12W or Orion XTRPRO124 or RE Audio SEX12D4? What do you think? Or suggest. Note: Im not into squares.

wire them down to .5 and let it run, be conservative with the gains and it will do just fine, i had my dsc on a single 12 at .5 and it was fine, with the imp rise that amp will handle it fine.

like i said just dont try to turn the gains all the way up.

lol also its gonna consume a ton of power at .5 lulz. ps bryan some guy wants to buy a model car or model something if you look at WTBs

also check out the guy with the DD A4 you might be able to trade the little audio pipe for it FTW

As far as wiring

I am currently running 4 guage to the amp and ground. I havent thought about doing the big 3 truthfully because Im on a budget and I didnt want to get that serious about my cars audio but as time goes by I want more? Would I have to get a high output alternator if I do the big 3 or will the factory alternator be sufficient?

Hell no that won't run at 0.5 without some electrical upgrades, Bryan. Just add a decent sized battery in the back and do the big three
i know it wont run with out upgrades, that happens to be the reason that i asked him.

and op hit up dbeez on here and see about getting one of his deka 9a31s solid batts and a great deal on them at 100 bucks

and do the big 3 and power/grounds in 1/0 your going to need that to handle the power thats going to need

look into knu konceptz for your wire, the have some awesome kits.i suggest the kolussus kit to the battery then get some 4g kolussus to run from the battery to the amp along with a second inline fuse holder to go close to the back battery and one to go between the battery and the amp.

if you cant get the electrical upgrades done right now, just run the subs at 2 ohms till you can get the electrical up to snuff

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.