Help from the pros

Participant count
  • Participant list

Frank53
10+ year member

Hello Everybody...

I'm new in this forum and I requesting your advice with my new project with old school components (except the speakers).

My car is a Corolla 1999 with 6 1/2" (front doors) and 6 1/2" (rear deck) I will be add a pair of 10" in the truck, I'm really asking for your help because that will be my guide to take the best choice.

Following is my staff on hand:

HEAD UNIT: Alpine 7907

Alpine 7875

SPEAKERS: Diamond Audio Technology S600's with crossovers (1" tweeter and 6 1/2" Mid Woofer)

Kicker Competition 6 1/2" Mid Woofer model C6.5a

Ultimate 10" Sub Woofer Titanium Formula Series Model SB10

Diamond Audio Technology 6 1/2" Motorsport M3 Model M361

Boston Acoustics Rally Series 6 1/2" Model RC61LF with Crossover RC61x

AMPLIFIERS: HIFONICS Taurus X (50W X 4)

MTX Thunder 302 (75W X 2)

ROCKFORD FOSGATE Punch 150 (150W X 2)

CONCORD Model C2050 (100W X 2)

CalCell Model CCP-200 (130W X 2)

BGW Model 600B (Watts (?) ) *Both including a Pream/Equalizar Model 302 with RCA's

BGW Model 602B (Watts (?) ) at back and sliding control.

Linear Power Model 120? (120W X 2)

ACCESORIES Demon 2/3 Way Electronic Crossover Model EX-3

Rockwood Multichannel Crossover Model XR-91 (WD)

Basically this is my stuff...I have some idea what can I want to stall but I'm open mind to considered your ideas because for sure 100% you know better than me.

For your attention to my request thanks in advance, by the way can I use the Diamond passive crossover and BGW Pream/Eq?

For the next time I will be a pictures of my stuff.

Thanks so much.

Frank.

Thanks Phoenix, I'm planning to install the Alpine 7875 with Diamond S800's at the front doors, The Kickers Competition at rear deck and the Ultimate 10" in the trunk area (right and left side), The Hifonics Taurus X to drive the doors front speakers, The MTX Thunder 302 to drive the Kickers and the RF Punch 150 drive the Ultimate SB10, but the million question is...Can I install and setup together the Diamond Crossover (Passive) with the BGW Preamplifier/Equalizer? or will be better install the Demon 2/3 way XOver? I'm confused in this point and I don't know what is the better way because my first concern for me is CLARITY. Thanks in advance and I hope you will help me to clarify what is my better option. Thanks again.

Frank

Hi Silvey...I keep some stuff for many years...I get some of that when I was a very young...long time ago...when almost everything was Made in USA, my idea is some kind of "show" the old school to the new generation and I'm really happy to sharing my dreams with all the enthusiastic car audio and doesn't matter the age, ethnic, color etc, the only important thing is the taste for the car audio.

Frank.

Hi Desmond...Are talking about the Diamonds crossover? Do you have specific reason for that?
why yes sir does anybody use crossovers anymore besides their home audio. go with a 150 to 350 watt amp for your mids. crossovers are like caps who likes em

According to Diamond Audio Technology if I use the crossover I will get better sound because that was specially designed for better performance...according to the technician, what do you think?

According to Diamond Audio Technology if I use the crossover I will get better sound because that was specially designed for better performance...according to the technician, what do you think?
you can go with specs of the manufacturer but most people I know dont of course you can always mess with numbers and different varitions of setups to get more power lol but if your runing all diamond audio go with the specs will sound crisp and clear.

Good sense I agree with you and let me tell you something...I don't believe much in the manufacturer but my concern is more in sound clarity than power so my dilemma is using the pream/equalizer also even for nostalgia reason I trying to use it but I don't want to sacrifice the final result of sound quality, What is your advice?

Frank.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.