I need wire! Has anyone used this stuff...

The_Grimy_One
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Phoenix, AZ
So I need 50ft. of some 0 gauge... Been looking around, honestly being cheap, but I came across this stuff, wondering if anyone has used it. Heard it is very close to 0 gauge. I dont care if its CCA or OFC, just need some wire, my system is not beastly enough for it to matter.

Buy.com - METRA Raptor Battery Cable

Also, anyone know where I can pick up a (0 gauge) fused distribution block that splits into 2 (0 gauge) outs.

In my personal experience. I've bought 0 gauge monster cable for $60 for 25 feet from amazon. Its so thick with copper wire that it doesn't fit any ring terminals I buy, fuse holders, or amp terminals. Then I have to cut wire to make it fit which in turn makes the thick wire useless cuz I could've got something thinner and made it fit and would've yielded the same results. Just make sure it's atleast around 5/8s / half an inch

Edit: I mean the wire itself with the measurements I just mentioned. It will make life a lot easier

I can't speak for the 1/0, but I use the 8awg all the time for my speaker wire and it's very decent. Just scaling up, I would expect the 1/0 to be of similar quality. Meaning that I'm sure it's true 1/0 and a very good deal for that price. I wouldn't expect it to be oversized like some of the high dollar *****, but i hate trimming that stuff down to fit my amps and terminals anyway. I am actually going to be ordering some of the same wire.

Another option is the DB link. It's about the same price and quality.

http://www.amazon.com/DB-Link-PW0BL50Z-0-Gauge-Power/dp/B000QU8M8Q/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1320481108&sr=8-6

FWIW, I much prefer the insulation on the Metra. It's more flexible. I hate that rigid PVC type.

In my personal experience. I've bought 0 gauge monster cable for $60 for 25 feet from amazon. Its so thick with copper wire that it doesn't fit any ring terminals I buy, fuse holders, or amp terminals. Then I have to cut wire to make it fit which in turn makes the thick wire useless cuz I could've got something thinner and made it fit and would've yielded the same results. Just make sure it's atleast around 5/8s / half an inch

Edit: I mean the wire itself with the measurements I just mentioned. It will make life a lot easier
That is where you are wrong... Thicker wire is used to transfer current over a greater length more effectively then smaller gauge wire can do to resistance... So cutting off a little at the end doesnt matter since it has already done it's job by the time it reaches the amp...

I have some of the Bullz 1/0 cable. It seems alright, definitely not the easiest to bend, but it should work well. I'd say the wire is about a 1/2 inch or a little bigger.

If you want the good stuff I would go with JL's 0 gauge wire probably the most flexible wire I have seen/used and its the real stuff, anything raptor is junk I have used it before.

stop being a penny pincher and just buy shok, knu, or fosgate.. their was athread that compared roughly 20 different 0 gauge, and these three came up best. also kicker hyper flex... Damn dude... you cant cheap out and expect good results.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

You have never used knu I'd bet lol...
Right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.