I need wire! Has anyone used this stuff...

If you want the good stuff I would go with JL's 0 gauge wire probably the most flexible wire I have seen/used and its the real stuff, anything raptor is junk I have used it before.
False. Have fun with your JL garbage.

This is wrong... Considering you are cutting the ends you are loosing the purpose of that extra wire inside the jacket... Having to cut part of the wire is cutting the flow of electricity as it enters the wire, so it doesnt matter that the wire inside the jacket is has more strands...
False.

Idk but i use this one, hos anyone used this wire before? seems to be true zero guage and is really thick. StreetWires® | Ultra Flow Power Cables i get it for five buks a foot at my audio shop.
Is that like... supposed to be a good price for wire?

Cadence, DB Link or tht Raptor for budget options.

Knu is probably the best bang for the buck. Shok is right there too (I personally prefer the Shok)

After that, it's whatever you want to spend. But I have never, and will never pay $5 a fvkin foot for wire.

False. Have fun with your JL garbage.

False.

Knu is probably the best bang for the buck. Shok is right there too (I personally prefer the Shok)

After that, it's whatever you want to spend. But I have never, and will never pay $5 a fvkin foot for wire.
Thank you

Speaking from experience, DB Link is legit as long as it's Soft Touch. I use DB Link Soft Touch 0 Gauge power wire (about 17ft) in my install with a JL 1000/1 with Stinger Expert Series (I don't know if they make it anymore) for ground as well as battery to chassis ground. DB Link's cheaper line is pretty thin, mostly insulation. The Soft Touch is as thick as Stinger's Expert Series if not just a tad bit thicker. It's also more flexible than the Stinger Expert Series.

Just don't get the DB Link unless it's Soft Touch or better.

I dont have many options, it was either that or some ******** 0guage from downtown that was like the size of 4guage. price isnt really the issue for me, unlike other people on here I dont try to skimp out on every purchase I make, but thanks anyway

I dont have many options, it was either that or some ******** 0guage from downtown that was like the size of 4guage. price isnt really the issue for me, unlike other people on here I dont try to skimp out on every purchase I make, but thanks anyway
No one is trying to skimp out, makes no sense to buy a 0 gauge wire that is CCA and is the same size for much more than I have to for just the brand name. You should have bought Shok online instead of getting dikced for your Streetwires... Also, I see you have a yellow top, which I have one too, but we were skimping out by buying such a ****** battery. So lets not sit here and try to act bold and flaunt money.

No one is trying to skimp out, makes no sense to buy a 0 gauge wire that is CCA and is the same size for much more than I have to for just the brand name. You should have bought Shok online instead of getting dikced for your Streetwires... Also, I see you have a yellow top, which I have one too, but we were skimping out by buying such a ****** battery. So lets not sit here and try to act bold and flaunt money.

That is where you are wrong... Thicker wire is used to transfer current over a greater length more effectively then smaller gauge wire can do to resistance... So cutting off a little at the end doesnt matter since it has already done it's job by the time it reaches the amp...
Excellent point. I love resurrecting old threads....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.