I just want my system to be 100% as i can make it with what i have

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mick.cs

CarAudio.com Newbie
Im trying to properly install and fine tune my 15" thump subwoofers in my van of 3 rows if including the drive+pass. I have no idea how i should place my sub box for best sound-wave echo and what i would need to do to tune my subs with my amp to my new stereo deck that pin points every frequency adjustment to make it possibly to adjust to specific parameters of a woofer(s) i just wanna get the best i can for audio without risking unneccessary damage to the subs or amp and i wanna make sure its not going to be trial and error the entire time cause i tried that before and blew two 12" subs. Lol can you help me? I have a kia sedona van early 2000's. I have a new kenwood KDC5 exeletron deck i wanna tune the sub perfectly with if possible.

Im not eeven sure what rear fire means im mainly new to subs other then i know i putting tge subs insideout on the box. Does something or supposedly.

They are 1000watt peak power 15" subs 450rms. And i have 2 looking to get the best bass out of what i can. Im hoping to have two 15's and next row two 12s and next to be 10s behind driver and pass seats. But until then i need to find the best place to put my 15s and the best way for me to run them cause i only have a 600w dual channel infinity and a 1200 4 channel pheonix gold that i just got and i dont wanna blow anymore subs cause i alreafy blew my alpine type S 12"s

They are 1000watt peak power 15" subs
I think you may find that to be stretching the truth a bit.

First of all, having a good box is #1 priority in making this work. Most subs will want to be in a lot more airspace than any pre-fab box will give you. As far as where to position them, I'd suggest way to the rear with the subs pointing either at the lift gate or up. Though just playing around testing is the only way to know for sure what you'll like and position/aiming definitely will make a difference in how it plays.

DO NOT even consider mixing and matching different size/brand subs. This is a recipe for disaster.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.