I have a problem with subs not hitting lows.

CSA

My subs don't hit lows and its because of the amp I have, is there any way to fix it without getting new amps?

(I found out it was my amps by borrowing a different amp and using that on my subs and then they hit lows just fine)

The amps that I am using is a old school hifonics centurion X's which I have two of. (I had three at one point but they all had this problem)

Thanks for your help

If you can't adjust the hpf(ssf) below 30hz or the amp rolls off you can possibly spend money getting the preamp modified but it might be cheaper to simply get a new amp

How would I modify the preamp? Its all through hole components. Hpf only goes down to 60hz on the dial if I remember correctly. Lpf goes downtown o 30hz

Here is a pictures of the internals of the amp
DSC00185.jpg

So the switch is set to low. The sub dial is set at ~80 (11-12 o'clock).

What about level and boost?

I'm guessing you've messed with those, but I'm just curious.

What HU btw?

Boost is MaxLevel is around 50%

Hu is jvc kd-r310

Yeah the dial is around 11oclock 80hz lpf
bass boost should never be used ever.

your gains is high as well.

You need to go up to 80% of the head unit's max volume

subwoofer level maxed out on the head unit

bass boost and loudness off on the head unit Bass EQ flat zero

bass boost off on the amp. then reset your gains again.

i'm surprised you havent blown anything with those amp settings.

no.. that's like saying a EQ wont let you play anything under what you are EQing.. lol
a more correct statement that its forcing the amp to focus all the power on to those frequencies and makes the sound soo peaky and distorted that you dont hear any other frequencies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.