i have a full size conversion van and $3,000

ck_spoo

I want to put a system in my van. i have an X Box to put in it. i just want a good solid system that sounds good for mostly rock and some rap. i would like it to have good moive quality sound also.

i have about three grand to work with and would like 2 10" subs, deck, flip down TV, and all the other speakers and stuff needed to get good quality. if you could give me some good brands of TV's, amps, decks(XM, mp3, changer capabilities) and maybe a list of speakers to get, it would really help. i don't want to get stuck with what the dealer says is "good" to make money. have some fun with it and let me know what you would do if you had it to work with.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

under search go there and type in "good speakers" or something along that.

there have been THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of threads on people asking,

"what should i get" "what is good" "what do you recommend".. you'll find a lot of answers under the search tab, and ALOT more answeres if you browse thru previous threads.

i don't want to get stuck with what the dealer says is "good" to make money
then dont. go in there, tell them you wanna listen to the speakers you ar einterested in.

then get the ones that YOU think is best. everyone will say, get what sounds good to you, don't let other people decide for you

If I had 3g's and a big van I would get 2 12" Brahma's 2 15 inch flip down tv's. Either Zapco or Cadence amps. For mids and highs kappa everything. 6.5 component set extra set of tweeters 6 by 9's in back and whatever size you got up front. That just about does it.

hey guys thanks fotr the help..after looking through a lot of old threads and read what many members have in there rides this is what i am thinking

h/u- kenwood x959 or 859 i have had really good luck with the KDC 7007 i used to have

highs and mids- infinity kappa 6 1/2 compenet, kappa 6x9's in the back

sub- maybe 2 alpine SWR 10", how are kappa subs?

amp- not sure any suggestions?

TV- still looking for a big one (10"-13") that flips down

the kenwood i had has been through hell and back including a blazer that got totaled and in a bug that i used baja in and worked for about six years, i like em. anyway let me know if i am headed on the right track. peace..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

In the headunits I would either go with Alpine or Pioneer Premiere. Do you want to bang or just have good sound? Infinity subs are good but its all in what you want.

hey 85ss~

i want my **** to sound good, clear, like a home theatre, crisp ****. for h/u i am kinda in to kenwood cuz of their sirius satalite and not XM, also i am diggin the music keg for em'.

but hey thanks for all the recomondations.

how are the phoenix gold amp's and sub's. i am a long ways from a phoenix dealer?

thanks-

Well for head units, especially Kenwood, I would recommend looking at the eXcelon line. Many good head units also have video control to make wiring your sound system to your monitors easier. If you are looking at Infinity subs, I would get some Infinity Perfect 12" subs. They ROCK. Put them in a good quality box and you have some very nice, very loud subs as long as they have enough power. The Infinity Kappa full range speakers are great as well. I have no idea what amp to recommend, because that all depends on how much power you want, and how clean you want, for how much you wanna spend. As far as mobile video, I'd check out Rosen and see what they have as far as screens. They do sell all sorts of screens and whatnot, and if you get a fold down screen (from Best Buy for instance) it is matched to the interior of your car in every way. Best Buy sells just a 7" Rosen screen for like 599. If you want the Sony fold down screen, plan on paying 899 JUST for the screen. Don't forget you'll need a power inverter for your Xbox. (I don't know if they make the car kits for xbox.)

umma re we forgetting FULL SIZE conversion van...

its too big for justr 2 10's or even most 12's to be really loud... go with 4 12's, tis not like you dont have the room....

go with type R's., great blend of SPL and SQ... or Brahama's, if you can fford em...

sounds like a bit much for me. i just want it to sound good in my van, i don't a super thumpin ride. so i think i am going to stick with two tens right behind two captions chairs in the middle of the van. then i can stick the boxes under the bed in the back, and keep all the amps and **** out sight.....out of mind.... i got a good hook up with an infinity installer and dealer. i am going to run all infinity speakers and ****. it should turn out nice. all for now...peace...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.