Interference problems on Full custom ICE. None of the solutions works.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Seabasskitten

CarAudio.com Newbie
hello. good day!

i have a rather hard to diagnose issue on my full ICE build on a small European city car.

there is some sort of data interference making it's way trough to my amplifiers.

here is a little example

this is during radio start-up

and it seems to be coming from the gas pedal?

when the car is off. and the radio is starting up. the interference is the loudest and screaming.

once the radio is booted the interference reduces a little bit. but is still present and clearly able to be heard.

whenever you press the gas pedal. you can hear beeping trough the interference. and yes. you can hear that at highway speeds..

the interference does not change after starting the car or changing the engine RPM.

this interference persisted trough 2 different radio's 5 amplifiers 2 set's of rca wiring

and it also persisted trough 3 different wiring configurations. same issue happens with wiring just laying loose

if i unplug the RCA from the radio side. the noise disappears.

the noise is still present if i connect the radio directly to my battery and have the car's contact on. if the contact is off. no noise.

a ground loop isolator between the RCA did not help.

i have a 20 farad capacitor bank in the back for smoothing voltage, and it also does not help with interference.

the issue is also present when not using a capacitor.

i have unplugged my fuel pump relay. sound stays, i unplug my ECU relay. and the beeping interference stopped. just a quiet hiss remained.

i am currently waiting for 0AWG wiring to arrive to do the BIG 3 in front. but in the meantime i have tested with a ground cable from battery- to block and the interference does not change at all.

same with directly connecting the amplifier- to battery-

so at this point. i am at a loss. i have no bloody idea what it could be. so any wild card idea's would be appreciated.

in case it helps.

the vehicle is a Opel corsa C 1.4. Z14XE to be specific.
big 3 has not been done yet. but battery has been upgraded to a 70AH AGM.

i'm currently using a
GLADEN rs 100x4 for my front's and rear's.
and a soundstream STL1.1200D for my sub.
soundstream SC-20CA as distroblock and capacitor.

i'm running 2x2 OFC insulated RCA wiring to the rear. and a 1x2 RCA for sub and Reversing camera.

the power wiring is using Tinned OFC and is ran trough the other side of the vehicle. but the power wire is running behind the car's dashboard.

my radio is a din 2 JVC headunit. forgot the exact model number but retail is about 600 EUR.
the other radio that also had the same issue was a 70 EUR cheap din 1 JVC radio.

thank you in advance for your advice and any suggestions. at this point any random idea can be it.

have you tried finding a different route for the power wire other then behind the dash ? maybe some electrical interference happening ?

Last edited:
have you tried finding a different route for the power wire other then behind the dash ? maybe some electrical interference happening ?
Yeah. originally the power wire went in a straight line from the battery to the trunk. so no dash.

but i still had the same noise in that straight line configuration

so i ended up running the power to the other side since there was way less power wiring on the straight line side so it's a tad better for the RCA's

In these RCA sets, did one of the sets happen to be regular. I have seen fancy RCA cables csuse noise.

the front and rear speakers are using "ESX DSC5" RCA wiring

according to it's specs it's Double-shielded and OFC wiring.

for the sub and reverse I'm just using some lower grade RCA wire,

but the reversing camera has a very clean picture and no interference.

*also* i had some time today to run some tests.

i unplugged the ECU relay. and the gas pedal communication noise is now gone. a slight hiss remains tho. this is with radio off.

it is a fully digital gas pedal though. so that likely goes trough the ECU.

unplugging the fuel pump relay. no change to the noise.

the issue is still present when i connect battery- to engine block and or a ground on the ECU.

battery- to amplifier- no change.

HeadUnit chassis to amplifier- no change.

using a test harness. headunit+ to battery+ headunit- to amplifier- no change.

ground connections are all good. and all devices are getting stable voltage input.

my amplifiers are wired in to turn on with ignition. the interference does not change if i use radio remote instead.

I feel like its a bad set(Low tier set) of RCAs myself. I use Stinger Zero Noise and 4000-8000 series without any issues. Dayton makes a nice set also

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...