Help me, OEM Infotainment and what I need to run full custom system

Participant count
  • Participant list

mccar

CarAudio.com Newbie
So, I'm trying to figure out what I need to hook up and control my system from my stock unit. I won't be using it for any power to speakers, just controls (volume, left/right, fade, set eq to flat for dsp). Also, I can't change it anyway b/c everything in the car runs through it (including A/C, suspension, etc).
JL FiX or Loc?
Audioson bit?

There isn't (or I cannot find) some articles explaining what is needed. These say the flatten OEM corrections etc, but I don't get it. Is there a useful article or explanation somewhere I can read?

Additional, I think I'd like a dedicated DSP and then to go amps rather than an AMP/DSP combo. Prefer the flexibility of the first with dumb amps.

Thanks in advance.

Some aftermarket HU can support all the factory controls just have to see if any options available for your model.
There is no way an aftermarket headunit will be able to control everything in my car unfortunately. This unit does suspension changes, A/C and heat, various screen adjustments and displays, lighting, basically all of it
Yeah, I saw that (JL FiX). So, do I have to use one of these? Are there other options out there?

That’s a good question on the JL Fix. It basically cleans up the signal for your amps. I literally have a question to JL right now about it since I plan on running their VX line with DSP I’m wondering if there’s any benefit to it. I’ll let you know what they say. I’d be more inclined to use one if I was not running DSP for sure. It’s not that much more than an LOC and it has added value.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...