SQ Deck for Under 300

Mark_ab
5,000+ posts

The Alpha Male
Hey guys, as the subject heading says. I'm doing the first couple installs in my side "business" and thought I could get some insight here. I'm looking for a sound quality HU for under 300 dollars. On my list are the Alpine CDA-7893 and the Clarion DXZ725. I'll take a gander at some Kenwoods, but they look and feel cheap to me, so I'd like to stay away.

Take a look at the Clarion HX-D10 (last year's model but only $300 from Crutchfield of all places). It sells for $450-ish from the other internet retailers. Very good SQ for only $300. I put one in my Ranger and am very happy with it. I really like the tonal bypass feature, and I plan on adding a HU-controlled EQ/DSP.

Nak decks are also very nice. I think that last year's CD45z had some skipping problems due to an internal glitch (internet rumors), but it's supposedly been fixed. I've heard nothing but good experiences with the CD40z.

Thanks for the input. The 45Z is right on the boarder between too expensive and not. Aesthetics may be a concern for this gentleman, and in that case the Nakamichi may go right out the window. As for the Clarion, it is on my list already of decks to consider. I enjoy the clarity Clarion brings to the table, although, many people do not care for them.

Nak decks won't win any beauty contests, but they won't attract unwanted attention either. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Clarions don't seem to be popular decks, although they're usually very good performers. They don't seem to get much attention, good or bad.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

my friend has a clarion face. he loves it and his system is creytal clear. as for the kenwoods being cheap i personally like them a lot. the excelon series is one of my fav sq head units. but its your opinion. check out the nakamichis for sure. very high quality units. hope that helped.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.