I can't get my mdf rings to stay in place on my kickpanel project???

loudfivepoint0
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
When I try to hot glue the mdf rings to my kick panel (plastic material) the supports won't stick to the plastic material. I have thought of just making myself a fiberglass mold but there is part of the kickpanel I couldn't recreate from fiberglass because it is very thin and extends up to the window. At least I don't want to recreate it.....Could i glass the lower part of the kickpanel, and then hot glue the stuff on? Would the glass stick to the plastic? I'm getting very aggrivated at this stuff. BTW I'll be using cdt ef-61 comps and they are supposed to have really good off axis sound. So is it THAT important that I angle them directly at my ears? Or should I maybe try to keep them from being pointed directly at my ears......and for all you imaging freaks out there, there is only a 6" difference between my kick's distances from ear to speaker. Sounds pretty good. Any tips for me.....I've only done one fiberglass install. And I trashed it too.

I don't know if this will work for what you are trying to do, but how about using rivits? You could countersink the rivits into the MDF also so they would not interfere with the speakers. Just a thought!

dont forget, epoxy resin is NOT MEANT to bond well to ABS plastics.

youd be better off trying to fabricate the entire piece //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.