Is 1/2 mdf good enough for Sundown U?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Blackout67

CarAudio.com Regular
Ohio
Probably already know the answer is no, but my friend wanted me to build a box for a Sundown U 12. Gonna have an sfb-2k on it so it's gonna be taking a beating. Meant to buy 3/4 but I had a long day at work and barely made it to Lowe's before they closed and accidentally pulled the 1/2 off the shelf instead of 3/4 and had them cut it in fourths to fit in my jeep.

Maybe just maaaaaybe... If I did a double baffle and did some extensive bracing would it work? Not tryna have the box flex and snap while he's jamming. Or should I cut my losses and go back and get the 3/4? The 1/2 was only like 50 bucks for a sheet. Just don't want to have a bunch of mdf laying around in my already crowded garage.

Double the whole box, if you can. That’s gonna be hard to do right, though.
Yea and I've only ever build a couple boxes so I'd say just go back and get the 3/4? I'll just use the 1/2 to make some small 8 inch boxes and sell them on Facebook. I just needed the opinion of someone who knows what they're talking about

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...