FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

Thats got to be a great performing amp. !! I been eyeballing one lately 👀 👀👀:poop:
I didn't have it in long in the bad heat but it never had any issues with it getting overly hot, the fan isn't noticeable and it sounds clean....it's definitely better than getting socks on your bday 🤣

I didn't have it in long in the bad heat but it never had any issues with it getting overly hot, the fan isn't noticeable and it sounds clean....it's definitely better than getting socks on your bday 🤣
I just swapped that Cresendo Skyway 3k and some gear for some Old School amps and gear he had. It sounds really nice and performs really well. I was really impressed with it and how much it delivers for such a small Chasis. Great amp!

I just swapped that Cresendo Skyway 3k and some gear for some Old School amps and gear he had. It sounds really nice and performs really well. I was really impressed with it and how much it delivers for such a small Chasis. Great amp!
You have any heat issues at 1 ohm on it? I've avoided crescendo monoblocks because I've heard a few complaints about thermal protect at 1

You have any heat issues at 1 ohm on it? I've avoided crescendo monoblocks because I've heard a few complaints about thermal protect at 1
Man. Its in my Friends car on 2- Hawk 15s in 8.0 cubes Slamming and laid Flat ATM and No Issues from amp. Just need to redo Ground wire for it for second Battery. We will be raising it off surface and giving room for that bottom fan to serve its purpose to get the airflow it needs to stay cool. .when Both Batts are Full charged off(Stock 130 amp alt.)that amp Slamms those 15s pretty nice!! we are putting in a 250 amp Alt tomorrow also(came in Late last night), and getting those S.Down 6.5components up and running in some pods and get that PPI Phantom 600.2 wired up and running. Should be Nice tomorrow

Very nice subs, but not an SPL sub, but still get loud enough and serve very well for those looking for a nice priced sub and a 5yr warranty with really great SQ. Great subs!!
I'm not really using mine as sub 😳 I'm planning on 60-150hz...it's a burly midbass 🤣

I'm not really using mine as sub 😳 I'm planning on 60-150hz...it's a burly midbass 🤣
Be Perfect sealed!! Not a room /Space hogg either!! 😁 😁 .JustOne seemed it sounded better it approx.. 1.4sealed verses the 1.0 or smaller recommended, and a Pair in 2.0 ported did nice too @35 Htz

I'm a little aggravated. When I got home last night all was well with my car stereo. Volume was on 15 of 40 so pretty low. When I started the car this morning there was no sound from the mids and highs. Discovered the fuse was blown for that amp (80amp) for the punch 500X2. Didn't have my spares in the car because I'm stupid so I made a buss bar. It worked perfectly.

Still, no mids and highs so I popped the trunk to see the smoke coming out of the amp from every opening. My two channel is dead. So, I moved all the cables next door to the 400X4 and am running the components off the front channels temporarily. I think the 2 channel may have been suspect from day one. This little 4 channel seems louder and stereo image is wider.

I may look for a single 6 channel amp to simplify things. Still, I'm sad about the 500X2.
Bummer, I liked the look of matching amps. Oh well. I'd probably go 6 channel too. Sundown's SDX looks tempting. The Zapco ST is another option.

Bummer, I liked the look of matching amps. Oh well. I'd probably go 6 channel too. Sundown's SDX looks tempting. The Zapco ST is another option.

I had that Zapco Amplifier, and I did not like it. It ran a bit warm and not enough power for me @4 ohms stereo. It sounded very nice @2 ohms stereo, but would run Hot. I had it elevated approx. 3/4 of an inch off a flat surface and ended up putting one my Stinger 8" scroll fans to help keep it running cooler. I sold it to a long time individual on DIYMA. I would not recommend this amplifier unless you want to place a fan on it. Running @4 ohms stereo maybe around 60- 75 rms, and 100-125 rms @ 2 ohms. Not going to lie... it was a beautiful looking amp, ..just didnt meet my needs

Attachments

• 20220802_033241.jpg
    20220802_033241.jpg
    731.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220802_033110 (2).jpg
    20220802_033110 (2).jpg
    693.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220802_033057.jpg
    20220802_033057.jpg
    609.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
New job so time for new speakers. I have still not even run power to my CDT 3" dvc mids lol so I just bought some 4ohm DD mids to replace them. I will run these with my baller ass DD tweeters. There, now all front stage speakers will be 4 ohms.

41-MWQ5fj-Nj-L-AC-SL1000.jpg

51q-Ncy-Vz-Tj-L-AC-SL10000.jpg

20231107-185020-HDR.jpg

One too many sub 50hz runs in the car at way to high of volume. Cost? $260 for the new alternator today. Stock alternator = 90 amps. Max current draw for the little prime amp 110 amps. This time it was 69 Boyz "Loose Booty". That shitz hitz hard and low. So, lesson learned. Stock will last indefinitely if your max volume is 90db ;) I must hit like 210db or sum shitz!! Anyway, 6 channel on hold, first order of business is a Power Bastard 200a alternator. At least I know the removal and install will be easier this time. 12mm, 10mm. Remove passenger fan (simple) remove coolant over flow bottle (simple) disconnect battery (simple) remove alternator (relatively simple). Start to finish <20 min.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...