FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

Ugghhh I busted my map light/sunglasses holder bumpin the Rockfords. Had some Bass Boy 'Mo Better Bass' hittin and the door opened and now won't stay closed. It threw my sunglasses at me too. Time to do some surgery.

This stupid little tab. I think I can fix it with some glue.

20231111-144320-HDR.jpg

Stopped by the Wall Marts and secured a hot glue gun with some glue sticks. I have the dome/map light housing in the house on the silicon pad ready to be glued. I figure I can clean the plastic and then make a little mushroom head with the hot glue. Should work.

lol, mushroom head.

I'm a little aggravated. When I got home last night all was well with my car stereo. Volume was on 15 of 40 so pretty low. When I started the car this morning there was no sound from the mids and highs. Discovered the fuse was blown for that amp (80amp) for the punch 500X2. Didn't have my spares in the car because I'm stupid so I made a buss bar. It worked perfectly.

Still, no mids and highs so I popped the trunk to see the smoke coming out of the amp from every opening. My two channel is dead. So, I moved all the cables next door to the 400X4 and am running the components off the front channels temporarily. I think the 2 channel may have been suspect from day one. This little 4 channel seems louder and stereo image is wider.

I may look for a single 6 channel amp to simplify things. Still, I'm sad about the 500X2.

Come Monday channel 5&6 on mine will be running my front sub with 700w @ 4ohm 🥰
Oh my, that is pretty much what I am looking for. Channels 1-4 100w and channels 5-6 200w!! I like that!! I am going to have those thin earthquake 6.5" "subs" in the doors for mid bass and the rest are up in the A-Pillars. That amp doesn't look huge either.

Oh my, that is pretty much what I am looking for. Channels 1-4 100w and channels 5-6 200w!! I like that!! I am going to have those thin earthquake 6.5" "subs" in the doors for mid bass and the rest are up in the A-Pillars. That amp doesn't look huge either.
It's not big for a 6 channel...it's not that much longer than a punch or power 4 channel and a little narrower

I like that the crossovers are defeatable for the next I try a dsp 😂

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...