FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

It's a little crappy outside so best I could do today is splice in some quick connects into the HU harness to supply signal, power and ground to the harness for the dash cam. I also mounted the dash cam.

20230826-174340-HDR2.jpg

20230826-170457-HDR2.jpg

Got the brace out, radio in. Somehow put some scratches on the radio but nothing to keep it from working. For some reason I can't adjust the dash cam. I can set it as a dash cam but can't do anything else. It's baffling. Sounds better and video is cleaner. I will be taking it out one more time when the dual USB mount comes so I can have my USB ports where the cigarette lighter is. Cam works great and the GPS (Wireless Android Auto) works wonderfully. Dig this, when I turn the headlights on the GPS map goes into night mode. I love it.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph... It took a while but I figured out the camera settings. Holy cow. Anyway, got the hood line and horizon line set as well as recording lengths and resolution. She's good to go.
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 :poop: Its always something these days. It never ends man. Something simple can turn into a 2 day process

Almost blew my mids!!! Swapping head units does not swap EQ settings or Crossover settings lol. My mids and highs amp is set to all pass. My old head unit was set to 80hz for the mids and 80hz for the sub. Well, silly me didn't check my crossover settings in the new head unit. Front (mids and highs) set to through!!! So I went full send on Beastie Boys Intergalactic...... 250w rms per side @ 2ohms sent to my uncrossed over mids that handle like 180w rms IF they are crossed over at 110hz. The smell was horrible. I lowered the volume and let them play to cool off until the smell was gone. They are still playing but I feel I may have hurt their feelings... and their coils. The tweeters were fine though.

Almost blew my mids!!! Swapping head units does not swap EQ settings or Crossover settings lol. My mids and highs amp is set to all pass. My old head unit was set to 80hz for the mids and 80hz for the sub. Well, silly me didn't check my crossover settings in the new head unit. Front (mids and highs) set to through!!! So I went full send on Beastie Boys Intergalactic...... 250w rms per side @ 2ohms sent to my uncrossed over mids that handle like 180w rms IF they are crossed over at 110hz. The smell was horrible. I lowered the volume and let them play to cool off until the smell was gone. They are still playing but I feel I may have hurt their feelings... and their coils. The tweeters were fine though.

season 1 wtf GIF by Patriot

Well, it's just a matter of time before the thin CDT mids give up the ghost. Slightly above normal listening volume and they started to smell like burning coils. So, I am on look out for some shallow mount midbass speakers.

So far I am looking at these... Do you all know of any non PA or Live Sound shallow midbass speakers? 6.5" and a depth of 2.1" or so? Looking to run from 80hz to 500-700hz.

These spec at 35hz to 1kHz. These may be a winner!!

Last edited:
These look a bit interesting. I like the E.Quake specs

Any chance you can get to 2.9" on the depth?

No. I wish though. I had those in both of my G6's. Depth in the Elantra is abysmal. I am stuck at right at 2" in depth.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...