Hows this design look? For a w7 12''?

Participant count
  • Participant list
small? its 36'' long though, What do you recommend?
The internal volume is too small, not the external. That is why jeff suggested an aeroport design. You can save more space and also you can adjust tuning according to your taste. If you go with a slot port and you are not satisfied with it, you can't change tuning anymore. You would have to build an entirely new enclosure. Atleast with aero's you can cut or add to it. Aero is what I'm using on my setup. Look at my avatar. I'm using precision port. Try to aim for a 3 cu ft for that 12w7 if you can.

he'll still need a 90 deg bend with an aero, it won't be straight.

port type/sizing is all about port velocity and generated noise. rounded edges reduce noise and let you have higher velocity. a large rectangular port will greatly lower velocity.

a 6" aero would have nearly equivalent area as the slot port shown. the challenge will be introducing a 90. i haven't seen a lot of great kits out there. note that the length stops when the aero starts to flare - so total length will be longer.

i doubt anything you build will outperform the HO enclosure.

my plan for a JL 13W7 enclosure is to use a pair of 4" PVC with 90's and make inlet and outlet plates out of MDF with a round-over bit. on all edges.

Yea using a 6" aero seems a bit tricky in that space. How about a passive radiator design? OP would be able to squeeze in more airspace and still be able to get a low tune.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.