how will extra spiders effect design?

well im not tryin to step on his toes, but it was a local guy in marion, iowa, his names matt. hes on midwestspl.com alot as firefox, it was a good deal on the sub, but he did say to me that he paid extra for custom work (extra spiders added). thanks for the help
Thanks man, it's just good to know. Maybe he had bought it from someone else that lied to him. But it's just good to know so people can keep an eye out in the future.

well im not tryin to step on his toes, but it was a local guy in marion, iowa, his names matt. hes on midwestspl.com alot as firefox, it was a good deal on the sub, but he did say to me that he paid extra for custom work (extra spiders added). thanks for the help
Which AQ never has done. There were a few exceptions but as I told you the one you have is not one of those exceptions.

As for the new people answering the phone at AQ saying they will make custom subs. They are wrong still. They are employed by DD but doing extra work by helping on the AQ side. AQ is an "out of the box" company which means NO CUSTOM builds.(with minor exceptions)

he's a noob //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif jk i dont know the guy. but rabbit should know more about AQs setup than most others
Kevin is over customer service for DD. He helps AQ when possible. (all though positions may have changed do to the recent happenings at AQ/DD)

He is a great guy and been in the industry for a long time, but some things like enclosure specs are not his strong area.

On a side note, that guy can run forever... literally he really can.

On paper in a box model program a tight suspension DOES call for a smaller box -- box model programs shoot for the flattest response or a 0.707 Qtc in a sealed box typically.

What we know in real life is that we don't necessarily always care about the flattest response -- in which case a stiffer spider woofer is more difficult to move in the small box we want for a flat response. So we sacrifice and use a bigger box to allow it to get moving and get a saddle shape response -- which almost always is the case with tight "SPL" type woofers.

On the other end... a driver with loose suspension will have a high Qtc and a response bump in smalled sealed and also a big hump in response in a smaller ported box. So still not flat... but may be desirable to increase it's mechanical power handling.

In short... both sides can be right depending on what you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.