how will extra spiders effect design?

I don't want to go back and forth. I feel like I have a pretty reasonable understanding but I don't know it all. I respect your opinions.
As I do yours. I didn't mean back and forth as a pissing contest, just something for others to learn from. And for me, too. There are design considerations that you 'loud' guys take into effect that I do not, so I get to understand that point of view more from discussions like these.

So others can see where my argument is derived from...

Plug this formula for a simple sealed enclosure. Vas is in liters and remember, a larger number indicates a softer suspension. Change the Vas number and see how Vb (box volume) is affected.

Vb = Vas / (( Qtc / Qts ) ² - 1)

Also, this is from a set of T/S definitions.

VasMeasured in litres (L) or cubic metres, is a measure of the 'stiffness' of the suspension with the driver mounted in free air. It represents the volume of air that has the same stiffness as the driver's suspension when acted on by a piston of the same area (Sd) as the cone. Larger values mean lower stiffness, and require larger enclosures. Vas varies with the square of the diameter. A typical factory tolerance for Vas spec is ±20–30%.

ok all im really looking for is if i should make my box a little bigger or a little smaller than the 4.5 cubes... all i have got from this so far is that my sub isnt going to be as efficient as it could be because it has the extra spiders

fs 35.66 hz

qms 4.74

vas 1.54 ft^3

mms 468.3g

revc 2 ohms in series

qes .36

spl 89.2 db 1w1m

qts .34

le 2.81 mh

bl 25.33

As you can see....these T/S specs make for a small box. If you had to venture a guess as to what size sub this is, what do you figure? This will add to the spiders/efficiency/fs debate.

Good question
well im not tryin to step on his toes, but it was a local guy in marion, iowa, his names matt. hes on midwestspl.com alot as firefox, it was a good deal on the sub, but he did say to me that he paid extra for custom work (extra spiders added). thanks for the help

fs 35.66 hzqms 4.74

vas 1.54 ft^3

mms 468.3g

revc 2 ohms in series

qes .36

spl 89.2 db 1w1m

qts .34

le 2.81 mh

bl 25.33

As you can see....these T/S specs make for a small box. If you had to venture a guess as to what size sub this is, what do you figure? This will add to the spiders/efficiency/fs debate.

Would have guessed 10", lower end sub. But since you're making a point, and the logical answer will be wrong, some kind of custom 15"?

Brown_Recluse_.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.