How to Wire an Amp Without a Remote Wire?

The remote wire in the back of my radio did not work in my Jeep. So I put a toggle switch up front, ran one wire to power, and the other wire to where the remote wire is suppose to be anyway. You just have to make sure you turn your switch off when you get out of the vehicle. It is just something easy to do if your remote wire don't work for some reason.

Use a relay and the acc lead that your radio is wired to that turns it on and off with the key and your amp will now turn on and off with the key.....simple as that my friend:D:D:D

Let me clarify. My amp has no remote. Nor does my stock headunit, for that matter, but I know how to make a remote for an amp without a headunit remote. I need to be able to make a remote by running the main power for the amp to a 12V switch constantly on with the turn of the key, correct?

For any of you kind folks out there with patience or good will to assist a rookie in the car audio field, please walk me through this as though I know nothing, or direct me to a relevant thread, though I've yet to find anything about this, given that all modern amps have a remote.

By the way, BradButlerNC, your maturity is appalling.

What type of amp do you have that doesn't have a remote turn on lead or is it damaged somehow?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif:confused://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

It's a Pyramid PB70. Old amp, but got it at a yard sale for a whole 2 bucks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Anyway, any more insight as to how to go about this?

As much as I hate to be a pain, that "manual" is only instructions for mounting the unit.
Sorry bout that.....seeing as how I can't see that booster drawing too much current follow the instruction in this new link on wiring a relay and use the acc wire of your factory radio as the trigger lead.....

Relays

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.