Amp for hertz hsk 165 and hcx 165

Participant count
  • Participant list

bumbabeef
10+ year member

I just purchased some hertz hsk 165 components and hcx 165. Eventually I will get a sub nothing big just one of those slim enclosed subs either from Jl or kicker. I have a mb quart dsc480 as of now for an amp. Originally the speakers I was going to get were only rated at 90-100 watts rms but the hertz are 100-125 rms. Would running 80 watts to each speaker off the amp be fine and then run the rest off the head unit to the front speakers work. I believe its around 14 watts rms off my head unit. When I get the sub I can get a mono amp for around $150. Would this work or should I return the mb quart amp and try and pick up an amp like an alpine pdx-4 150. With this amp I would run 150 watts to the fronts and split one channel to the rears for 75 watts and the last chanell run my amp. I can also use the head unit to power the rears but mainly need more power for my fronts. Trying to find the best way to budget but still get some good quality sq.

no, you can't do that. You'll end up blowing something. Just run the 80watts to the speakers and you'll be fine. Just be careful not to crank up the amps as this will cause distortion if the amp is forced beyond its limits. You can end up blowing both your speakers and amp that way.

so I cant run 80 watts to a speaker off the amp and add 14 more off the head unit for a total of 94 watts rms even though the speaker is rated at 125 watts rms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.