how to wire amp to HU..help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

seankurz
10+ year member

My head unit's manual only had diagrams for normal mode, 2 way mode, and 3 way mode, which I am attaching photos of. My question is how specifically do I run it the way I have it shown in the other picture?? With the complexity of systems today, I'm sure this is doable but I haven't found anything on how to so far, its been almost a day and a half of searching... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif:mad:

I will be running a clarion cz702 head unit, an image dynamics CXT component set on an alpine MRX-F65, a matching CTX coaxial set off of an alpine MRP-F300, and a RF 210 sub off of a power acoustic amp (going to upgrade to RE sub/amp in trunk)

How would I run this all out of the HU, specifically? do I need external hardware, or...?

I think you are going to have to run it in normal mode since you are using coaxial speakers because those need a full range signal sent to them in order to use both the midrange and the tweeter.

you would just run the front set of rcas to the component amp, the rear set to the amp running the coaxials, and the subwoofer output to the sub amp

you would just run the front set of rcas to the component amp, the rear set to the amp running the coaxials, and the subwoofer output to the sub amp
yeah, but I want to run the comps active.. Someone in another forum said to run the tweeters through the rear rca outs, the mids through the front rca outs, and then run a fullrange signal to the first amp through the rca sub outs that will powers the rear coaxials, then use the rca out on that amp to pass the signal to the sub amp and use the xover on the sub to filter out all but the lows. Does this sound right, would this work??

i want to use the TA on the HU for the comps, but also keep the coax speakers and sub..

would the setup i mentioned be okay or is there a better way to achieve what i want to do?

HU rear rca outs>>>alpine MRX-F65>>>tweeters

HU front rca outs>>>alpine MRX-F65>>>mids

HU sub rca outs>>>fullrange signal>>>alpine MRP-F200>>>F300 rca outs>>>sub amp xover to filter out all but the lows.

i want to use the TA on the HU for the comps, but also keep the coax speakers and sub..would the setup i mentioned be okay or is there a better way to achieve what i want to do?

HU sub rca outs>>>fullrange signal>>>alpine MRP-F200>>>F300 rca outs>>>sub amp xover to filter out all but the lows.
ditch the rear speakers, run the fronts active with subs. simple. no need for rears anyways.

i want to use the TA on the HU for the comps, but also keep the coax speakers and sub..would the setup i mentioned be okay or is there a better way to achieve what i want to do?

you could run it like this in 2 way mode but instead of using the RCA outputs on the f300 I would use a RCA splitter from the head unit because then you can use the f300 for the sub instead of the f200 and you will be able to use the high pass crossovers on the f200 for the coaxials.

If you run it this way don't use any type of crossover on the head unit for the sub outputs, both amps will need a full-range signal

you could run it like this in 2 way mode but instead of using the RCA outputs on the f300 I would use a RCA splitter from the head unit because then you can use the f300 for the sub instead of the f200 and you will be able to use the high pass crossovers on the f200 for the coaxials. If you run it this way don't use any type of crossover on the head unit for the sub outputs, both amps will need a full-range signal
Im going to be using a power acoustik 720 w amp and the mrp-f300 for rear speakers and mrx-f65 for front components.. so i just to make sure I understand, I can run in 2 way mode and use the rca splitters on the sub outs on hu, one of them going to the sub and the other to the rear coaxials, and use the crossover on the power acoustic amp? wound this be better than using the sub outs on the hu going to the coaxial amp then using the rca outs on the coaxial amp to go to the power acoustik amp and using that xover for the sub, while maintaining the fullrange signal on the coaxials?

2way mode on the deck

RCAs:

mid audio and high audio to mrx-f65

splitters on left and right rear outputs giving you 2 sets of rear audio outputs

one set goes to the coaxial amp and the other set to the sub amp.

I think this would be better than using the pass through because you won't be able to use the high pass filter on the coaxial amp without it affecting the signal being sent to the sub amp if you use the RCA outs on the coaxial amp

okay so this way both will recieve a fullrange signal and I can use the amp filters individually without it effecting the other amp. got it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.