4 channel amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
What are you really looking for from your system? What are you trying to get besides just a bigger watt rating from your amplifier? Maybe I've failed to address these questions with you, because when I talked to you about the P900.4 I didn't really consider that you may already have a good amplifier. 90W per channel is miles better than head unit power, and while more power is good, you eventually run into some major limitations. These limitations include overpowering your speakers, which leads to power compression and overheating, exceeding the mechanical limits of the speakers, and needlessly drawing more current from your charging system.

I do appreciate your help Trumpet, I have the pbr300x4 powering my doors 125w per speaker, i am in need of another amp to power my tweeters and get rid of the stock tweeters. I am thinking of using the current PBR and use that for the tweeter and get a more powerful amp to match with the 125w per speaker on my doors. I'm thinking of just getting another PBR priced around $140, so i am asking For price of under $150 priced new what other amp is considerably more powerful than Rockford PBR 300x4, the one i have has a birth sheet of 91watts per channel.

I have looked high and low and could not find any.

what makes you think you need close to that amount of power for some tweeters? Unless you're running a bunch of supertweeters then "maybe" you might...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.