how to set RMS for your component set

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
I currently just have my gain sitting at like 1-2oclock slightly below 2v(my alpines preouts are 2v). My question is if i wanted to set the gain using a DMM could i just check the wires running to the amp for impedance or is there a different way to figure the ohm so i can calculate a voltage. Thanks

For clarification, the wires run to a crossover which powers my herts mids and DD tweeters. Thats why im wondering if theres a specific way

i would just do it right at the amp terminals.
thats what i meant by wires that run to the amp, so i can just hit it with the DMM there and use that impedance to get my voltage?

Also my mids have a RMS of 100 and my tweeters 80, im giving the crossover 90 right now and they sound great. But my rear 6.5's are on my HU so i have 2 available channels. Would it be better to put my rears on the amp OR give my fonts the full 180rms each. Since my 4ch can do 220x2 @ 4

..but the Eclipse MKii7200 I've got my eye on is better. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

..but the Eclipse MKii7200 I've got my eye on is better. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif
im going to custom fab a copper case for the 9887 and then itll be very similar

couldnt i also just get an external crossover? although a differnt HU would prob be easyer, so i just read threw on the stickie on active vs passive. So basically theres not point in even using HPF on my HU or my amp if you running a passive crossover before your speaker/tweeter? Thats what i got from it, your yall r suggesting that i get a Head unit that has adjustable crossovers built into it for mids and highs then use my 4ch to power each individual speaker correct?

i could also just add the alpine imprint system to my CDA105 and run active that way.

But still havnt answered one question, is there even a point in using the HPF on my HU for my mids/highs or should i turn it off since im running passive

(My high amp is on full pass since i have the HPF set to 80Hz on my HU)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.