how to set RMS for your component set

If you're using a DMM to guestimate the power your sending to your speakers in hopes you can match the sticker on the woofer's magnet - you'll be in a world of hurt when you go active.

Going active and doing it right is anything but easy. Don't expect good sound from a HU's DSP either.

In short; do not worry about how much power you're sending your interior speakers. You're not going to hear a difference between 60w & 80w and the 'ratings' speakers have are bogus numbers since no one really knows what they mean. Is it RMS for a second? Minute? Pink noise? 1kHz size wave? Music? Who knows...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

It would also be easy to add an equalizer to have individual rca inputs for all of the channels. A decent one can be had for less than $40...
Time alignment is used to delay every speaker closer than the furthest to have the sound hit the listeners ears at exactly the right time. If this...
You can get close with tones, but music signal is all OVER the place in both frequencies and voltages. Like, if you listen to rap, the bass line...
Hello all. Used to come on these forum quite a bit. I used to compete in IASCA MECA etc. and placed 1st 2x with this setup. Anyway this is my baby...
Send me all the items. Once I receive them, I will verify everything in your classifieds. If someone buys them, I will ship out. You would just...

About this thread

JoshC

10+ year member
The Taco MASTA
JoshC
Houston, tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date