How to pick the correct 4 Channel Amp?

its not over priced, sundown under rates their products, so that amp puts out more then what its rated. also u get what u pay for. when your looking at planet audio and looking at price yes that amp might seem over priced comared to planet audio but planet audio is junk. now that people know ur budget is 100 im sure someone can recommend something to ya, i dont know of anything that low that i would use
Planet Audio was just one that popped up when searching Amazon. Don't know if any of the search results are good bad. And I wasn't really looking at names, just $ per watt.

Would like to keep it around $100, doesn't mean wouldn't go a little higher if needed.

Also size is a factor. There is a certain space that I would like to place it, to keep it out the way, and make install a little easier. I don't want to have to run wires all the way from the front to the back.

The space is about 9-10in in length, about 5 inch depth, and about 8-9in in height.

That's why I was looking at compact ones.

I mentioned other options (Desert Eagle DE-S900.4 ? Or the Pioneer GM-D1004 400W ? or the Kenwood KAC-M1804 Compact ?)

If my headunit only days 22 RMS as you mentioned, then 50W RMS would be plenty, as thats double the current which is enough.

That ppi wont do rated, but it probably will do more than the memphis. The SR line is very entry level, and all chinese, basically the same quality chinese as the ppi. I knew a dude who sold alot of memphis in his shop. Not say it isnt a decent amp, but it isnt much of an upgrade over the ppi, where the M class definately would be.

Both are suitable OP.

Honestly I don't know what you mean when you say "Rated" or "RMS"

The crap description on Amazon pretty much only says "4 ohms 45W x 4" or "4 ohms 50W x 4 RMS" or something like that.

It doesn't say if that's RMS or whatever.

And frankly looking at "50W x 4 RMS" looks like 50 x 4 = 200, which should 200RMS. I know thats not how it works, but thats exactly how it looks.

just remember that amp doesnt put out those numbers they claim, the Memphis will do rated, they are both good options, just wanted u to know the facts op
The ion series get extremely close to rated on all the dyno certified tests. Raw power, nothing comes close to them in their price range taylor fade approved as well. SQ is seriously lacking though.

Be careful your kickers are not made for really loud they are made fore HQ that's high quality sound you need to know your rms and don't go more then 10-20 watts louder for a long time. you want an amp that will have 100 rms per channel keep front main volume around 70 the back get 100 rms 6x9s will sound great first get all new speaker wire ran 12 gauge ofc wil make the difference

take a light bulb the true rms is 40 that's wat it says because I can leave it on all day it won't blow. I can turn up the power on it and get 80 or 100 but it will blow in ten min.so I can say it's a 100 watt bulb but the rms is 40 watt

Be careful your kickers are not made for really loud they are made fore HQ that's high quality sound you need to know your rms and don't go more then 10-20 watts louder for a long time. you want an amp that will have 100 rms per channel keep front main volume around 70 the back get 100 rms 6x9s will sound great first get all new speaker wire ran 12 gauge ofc wil make the difference
you mean SQ aka sound quality. Which is nope. They are neither, just consumer level mainstream drivers that make noise. kicker and high quality does not belong in the same sentence...

who the fvck is this guy. so much wrong in this comment.

who the fvck is this guy. so much wrong in this comment.
Lol... I laughed when I read that.

Another great option that will give you room to experiment is the PPI 900.4 OP

It's a solid amp.

I've been running it @ 1ohm stereo for a while now because I had no mono amp in my girls ride and wanted some bass. I'm still in awe that it's holding up.

It also comes with a free set of 1/0 reducers, which was nice so I didn't have to run new wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.