subs for regular cab pick up

audiobaun
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
USA
2 tens would be ideal in wedge truck boxes, or you can make a one wedge type enclosure for a pair of tens. I did an 86 model single cab with 4 kicker c-10s SVC 4 ohm subs on 1200 rms with a set of Polk audio 6x9s in doors with a set of 5.25 components with tweets on dash on 100x4. Slammed pretty good in sealed enclosure for subs.

Thanks for the input guys. Is there any particular 10s that would be recommended for that small air space? Originally I had thought of going with either the Memphis MOJO 8s or the Sundown X-Series 8s?

audiobaun
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
USA
Just 2 of these would work really well in a sealed application wired to 1 ohm load

winkychevelle
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I'm betting you can likely fit some beefy 8s in there down fired port firing at each b pillar.

A pair of Dayton rss-265ho-4 and a pair of matching passive radiators would be pretty impressive to and only need 5.5-6inch mounting depth and 1500w of power

Mark Meiners

CarAudio.com Newbie
Denver
I’ve been in the business a long time. Always prefer JL Audio and still do but I have been really impressed by the Ground Zero line of subs. If you’re tight on space one single 10” in shallow mount sub in a custom built to spec ported box can be pretty impressive! Here’s the shallow mount sub from ground zero.

GZHW 10SPL-D2 FLAT​

25 cm / 10″ high quality flat SPL subwoofer. 600 Watts RMS

They make an 8” version too. We did 4 under the back seat of a truck that was very impressive.

Here is a video of the 8” shallow mount subs in a custom truck subwoofer box. Hard to hear how good they actually sound in a video but they sound good.

If you’re in Denver, would be happy to help you out more!

Mark - https://www.topedgeonline.com

audiobaun
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
USA

spokey9

5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
NE AR
These Hawks just came out recently. Maybe some to consider? I havent tried these yet, but the other slim subs from AB that served quite well for the $

I keep looking at those. If I get this hearse I'm looking at then I'll be doing away with the front sub I got now and doing a pair of 10's under the front seats 😳

Be nice to find a trustworthy review

audiobaun
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
USA
I keep looking at those. If I get this hearse I'm looking at then I'll be doing away with the front sub I got now and doing a pair of 10's under the front seats 😳

Be nice to find a trustworthy review
I may try one next month if i can swing it and the time. The reg Hawk Series subs are some really good Slamming subs. They can sound really nice at min volumes and get down and nasty if need be or wanted

deez283
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
You could fit 2 SVC Dayton HO 10's ported behind that seat no problem..

You would need a amp that puts out power at 2 ohms..

If you had bucket seats I have a nice center console enclosure for these trucks built to spec for the Daytons.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...