amp help

1mounty

texas
Hi, I have a crecendo bc 2000 and it is hooked up to soundqubed hdc3.1 18 and was wondering what is the best way i could set it up. Like what i should put the lpf, subsonic, bass boost and gain to? I have it playing and running but i feel like i should be getting more out of it. But then again it is in a pre fab box tuned to 40hz. any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

you're probably not getting the ouput you want to because youre running the sub in a prefab tuned rather high for that sub but also in general and it probably lacks the proper amount of port area on top of that.

First thing the majority of people here would recommend is taking some time and learning how to build your own box, you'd be surprised how crucial a good box is to the way a sub sounds. Second would be using an oscope or dd-1 and properly setting your amp gain so you avoid destroying your equipment.

you're probably not getting the ouput you want to because youre running the sub in a prefab tuned rather high for that sub but also in general and it probably lacks the proper amount of port area on top of that.
First thing the majority of people here would recommend is taking some time and learning how to build your own box, you'd be surprised how crucial a good box is to the way a sub sounds. Second would be using an oscope or dd-1 and properly setting your amp gain so you avoid destroying your equipment.
I have posted a thread on here for a box design and CSCstang got me a box design i'm going to build in the next week or 2 tuned to 35hz. I got the amp set right under clipping so there is hardly any clipping at all. So maybe its just the crappy prefab box that i have.

I agree first thing do some research on building boxes that pre-fab won't give you the output your looking for as opposed to a box built for your sub.

2nd no bass boost of any kind it will lead to clipping which could damage or ruin your equipment fairly quickly.

3rd as for sub-sonic/lpf whennyou get the correct box made for your subwoofer I tend to see a lot of ppl out the LPF around 80hrtz an subsonic about 10hrtz lower then what your tuned at, also get you a Oscope or a DD-1 an learn how to properly set gains you'll be much happier an your equipment will last a lot longer.

Also how does your voltage/electrical look have you made any upgrades in this area?

I agree first thing do some research on building boxes that pre-fab won't give you the output your looking for as opposed to a box built for your sub.
2nd no bass boost of any kind it will lead to clipping which could damage or ruin your equipment fairly quickly.

3rd as for sub-sonic/lpf whennyou get the correct box made for your subwoofer I tend to see a lot of ppl out the LPF around 80hrtz an subsonic about 10hrtz lower then what your tuned at, also get you a Oscope or a DD-1 an learn how to properly set gains you'll be much happier an your equipment will last a lot longer.

Also how does your voltage/electrical look have you made any upgrades in this area?
My voltage is good when I'm driving it's around 13.4 but if I just play it with no rpm it gets low but I am very aware that voltage drop kills your equipment I have 0 gauge positive and negative to my crescendo and 8 gauge to the sub. I have the lpf and subsonic set to that already but have bass boost on a tad bit. Guess I'll turn that off. Also I have done a lot of searching about building a box and got me a box design that I'm going to build in the next couple weeks. Just got to save up for the wood and equipment.

My voltage is good when I'm driving it's around 13.4 but if I just play it with no rpm it gets low but I am very aware that voltage drop kills your equipment I have 0 gauge positive and negative to my crescendo and 8 gauge to the sub. I have the lpf and subsonic set to that already but have bass boost on a tad bit. Guess I'll turn that off. Also I have done a lot of searching about building a box and got me a box design that I'm going to build in the next couple weeks. Just got to save up for the wood and equipment.
Your on the right track then, sounds like you just need the box an you will be much happier with the output. Is your charging voltage controlled by the CPU in the car? My jeep only charges at 13.4-13.8 bc if it an I hate It dearly.

Your on the right track then, sounds like you just need the box an you will be much happier with the output. Is your charging voltage controlled by the CPU in the car? My jeep only charges at 13.4-13.8 bc if it an I hate It dearly.
im pretty sure it is i never seen it above 13.8 and when it gets below 13.4 it starts bringing it backup pretty quickly. yea i can tell a difference when my voltage gets around 12.4 that my amp doesnt really like that. would it be necessary to run bigger wire from my stock alt to my battery? woud it make a difference?

im pretty sure it is i never seen it above 13.8 and when it gets below 13.4 it starts bringing it backup pretty quickly. yea i can tell a difference when my voltage gets around 12.4 that my amp doesnt really like that. would it be necessary to run bigger wire from my stock alt to my battery? woud it make a difference?
If you haven't done the big three I would do that in 1/0 or 2/0 wire an your sub amp to if possible, think of it as a water pipe the smaller the pipe the less water gets transferred but the bigger the pipe the more water gets transferred same with your wire the bigger the wire the better flow of current etc.

Yea I really don't like going below 13v in my jeep when it's cold it will be over 14v but in my lancer that thing charges at 14.2-14.4v cold & 13.8-14v hot

If you haven't done the big three I would do that in 1/0 or 2/0 wire an your sub amp to if possible, think of it as a water pipe the smaller the pipe the less water gets transferred but the bigger the pipe the more water gets transferred same with your wire the bigger the wire the better flow of current etc.
Yea I really don't like going below 13v in my jeep when it's cold it will be over 14v but in my lancer that thing charges at 14.2-14.4v cold & 13.8-14v hot
ive done it to my amp and so i should do it to my stock alt to my battery?

Keep in mind that those subs are extremely stiff when new, and do require some break-in before they get louder and lower.

And the prefab isnt helping matters

Keep in mind that those subs are extremely stiff when new, and do require some break-in before they get louder and lower.
And the prefab isnt helping matters
Yea I have had it for a while it has loosen up a bit. How long should break in be?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.