Battery

I am new to the forum, but not to car audio. I have made more than my fair share of nice systems, however that was over a decade ago. Now that I have got back in the game, it is not the same game. I am struggling, but adapting. I have not had such demand on an electrical system before. I am in need of a HO alt for all I have in mind. I am thinking for now I can just add a few batteries. I am not getting that much dimming, but I don't like it at all. So my question is about what kind of batteries I need. i doubt just regular car batteries, as I have a bunch of good car batteries. So I am looking for advice what type I need to run. I am sure there will be more questions, and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

If you a poor man, car batteries will power your stuff but you will get poisoning if they arent sealed up...

AGM batteries is the average joe booster pack. Everyone's go to

For hardcore competitors you use maxwell ultracapacitor banks in conjunction with a high output alt.

For ballers that like to save space and weight, lithium ion batteries are what people with $$$ run.

Lithium Iron Phosphate, Lithium Ytrium Phosphate, Lithium Nanophosphate.

Do not use Lithium Ion as it can explode if abused suddenly.

If it's under 1000 rms just get 10 farad kicker 100 bucks going over 200 amp alternator why **** around

You kinda in a pond full of big fish that know what works and what doesn't bud. If you are coming from a sonic electronix shopping background, your whole world gonna be turned upside down.

You never use 1-100 farad traditional capacitors for beefing up electricals. Its not what they are made for.

We already listed what the main items needed to beef up an electrical system. Theres a **** good reason why we dont even bother recommending those garbage caps.

If it's under 1000 rms just get 10 farad kicker 100 bucks going over 200 amp alternator why **** around
Why are you going around giving bad advice??

Starting to get on my nerves. Capacitors is a thing in the past. Once you have a strong built up electrical, caps aren't necessary.

Northstar or xs power batts not sure how accurate but the xplicit car audio app has a calculator that tells you how many AH you need depending on how much power your running at a certain voltage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Metalmember8100

Metalmember8100
East Sparta, Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Austin175