How to maintain a consistent voltage.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Have more amperage supply than the amperage draw.
I’m unable to get a dual pulley setup for my vehicle, so I can’t have more amperage coming into the system than what’s coming out. My Alt produces 320 (largest I could find for my vehicle), the system draw (at peak) is 470. I do have two batteries that cover the wattage by 130%.
many other ideas?

You either have to go custom and get a bracket made for more alts, add more batteries, think about running ultra capacitors, upgrade all the wiring in your car (especially the grounds) to something that can more than handle your 470amp draw, or shrink your system down.

I believe that's pretty much all of your options.

Yeah I'd keep the power steering then. Somebody can or does make an alt for you. Probably isn't cheap tho.
I have a singer alt. It wasnt cheap lol but I believe it's like 220amps. I'll eventually be running 4-4.5k, but before that happens I'll have a northstar group 34 agm batt with 6 ultacaps (1 bank). That's a while from now though. Atm I'm only running around 2500 watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.