HOw to find out how much room to build?

bro do you even have enough width, most hatch cars are small to begin with, i mean figure 2 18s side by side you are gonna need atleast 40"
x2. Back of an explorer is only 41.5 wide...

I DO NOT HAVE A TRUNK I HAVE A HATCH CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH ROOM I NEED. I THINK I NEED ABOUT 9ft FOR 2 18's BTL's
Not like hatches have significantly more/less room than a trunk, your looking at 12+cubes MIN (then plus port), and don't forget to factor in room for a few batts, amps, and a few layers thick for the baffle.

Not trying to ruin your parade, but unless you do some major modifications, it won't happen. Actually, even if you do big mods to the car, I doubt you'll get room for two.

Smaller subs in proper enclosure > big subs in too small an enclosure

You can get plenty loud off of two tens or twelves, even in a hatch/trunk theres a few 150+ cars running two tens/twelves

I vote for running a single 18" in the proper box with proper power. You save some money and you will enjoy it more.

The problem is I already have a 4000 watt MOFSET amp and I really don't want to downgrade again after I already spent the cash on this one. I need something that will take 4k all day long which is why I am trying to go with (2) 18's BTL's

Car is an 07 Chevy Aveo with premium sound system and currently still has the stock speakers but I will be upgrading to RSD's before competing obviously.

The problem is I already have a 4000 watt MOFSET amp and I really don't want to downgrade again after I already spent the cash on this one. I need something that will take 4k all day long which is why I am trying to go with (2) 18's BTL's
Car is an 07 Chevy Aveo with premium sound system and currently still has the stock speakers but I will be upgrading to RSD's before competing obviously.
You need at least a 250 amp alt and a couple big batts to run 4kw daily. You also only have about 1000 watts coming from that amplifier. I'd return it and pick up a used Autotek or something for 4000 watts.

dude i bet you dont have enough volume in the whole entire car for 2 18s, also there is NO way in hell that car has the electrical system to support the wattage you need, its a daewoo. Gm bailed out Daewoo when they were bankrupt and now they build the aveo and put a chevy emblem on the front

dude i bet you dont have enough volume in the whole entire car for 2 18s, also there is NO way in hell that car has the electrical system to support the wattage you need, its a daewoo. Gm bailed out Daewoo when they were bankrupt and now they build the aveo and put a chevy emblem on the front
I have been running this amp over 3 months now with no known issues. I did have some dimming and was warned I could burn out my entire electrical system doing that which is where the capacitor came into play but I unfortunately did not have enough money to buy both.

Would I be better off adding the second capacitor now and running 1 18's BTL's for a while? and yes my car is small but have you actually looked into the back of one before there is more room than you think. I did not think my 2 12's would fit either but I have a good foot all the way around and plenty of room to go UP! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Not like hatches have significantly more/less room than a trunk, your looking at 12+cubes MIN (then plus port), and don't forget to factor in room for a few batts, amps, and a few layers thick for the baffle.
Not trying to ruin your parade, but unless you do some major modifications, it won't happen. Actually, even if you do big mods to the car, I doubt you'll get room for two.

Smaller subs in proper enclosure > big subs in too small an enclosure

You can get plenty loud off of two tens or twelves, even in a hatch/trunk theres a few 150+ cars running two tens/twelves
dont speak so fast, there arent that many minus crx's

and i fot 2 side by side in a neon, i am sure whatever car he has he can do it.

not in the trunk though

Well, thats why I said I doubt he'd have the room. I know its been done before, but the effort and time into it IMO isn't always worth the smaller gain of going with the next size smaller sub, and especially with someone as inexperienced as the op

These people are fools. I noticed in one of your posts you have 4 18" BTL's on order and are currently awaiting their arrival. You can easily fit 4 18" BTL's in your car, running stock electrical as long as you have at least (1) 1 farad capacitor with a voltage readout. As long as your voltage stays above 8 Volts you'll have that amp pounding daily. People on this site are crazy for saying you can't do this. It's pure jealousy IMHO. GO FOR IT!

When you're done post pics so these fools can drool over your daily setup. SPL FTMFW!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.