Participant count
  • Participant list

SWFL
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
us
I plan to run a few of these sets.

6" mid

http://cgi.ebay.com/SELENIUM-6-200W-WOOFER-MIDRANGE-MIDBASS-SPEAKER_W0QQitemZ290319354123QQihZ019QQcategoryZ18805QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Tweeter

http://cgi.ebay.com/Selenium-ST350-Super-Tweeter_W0QQitemZ270362304200QQihZ017QQcategoryZ47092QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

I plan to run prob 4 mids and 4 tweets, possibly 4 mids and 2 tweets, or 6 mids and 4 tweets. Anyway I was wondering on partsexpress what crossover would I need or where can I find a xover for these to work together fine and not have any problems. I plan to use it in a boat install and will have a amp for them to run around 50rms to mid and 50rms to the tweet if at all possible.

So whats the crossover or where can I find some to run a mid and tweet together through a crossover??

how do I choose and find out which crossover will work for those mids and tweets??

well, u look at the frequency range that each speakers says it can use...so let's say on your tweets u've picked out.... Frequency Response: 2500Hz - 20KHz....this right here tells u that your tweeter can obviously play down to 2500hz BUT in the stats they Recommend a Crossover Frequency: 8KHz @ 12dB/octave. and if u look at your mid...it'll have similar stats...like let's say FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 80HZ-9KHZ so then you'd pick a xover within your speakers ranges.

well, u look at the frequency range that each speakers says it can use...so let's say on your tweets u've picked out.... Frequency Response: 2500Hz - 20KHz....this right here tells u that your tweeter can obviously play down to 2500hz BUT in the stats they Recommend a Crossover Frequency: 8KHz @ 12dB/octave. and if u look at your mid...it'll have similar stats...like let's say FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 80HZ-9KHZ so then you'd pick a xover within your speakers ranges.

ok but on the specs on the xover on partsexpress it doesnt really say waht freq's it cuts off

you can also find xovers on egay. some people have sets on there, especially mb quarts
will it matter the brand being as they are selenium mids and horns wont matter too much will it since they will get loud but not sound the greatest no matter what??

I want to run a 4 channel amp being as how I wont have room to have several amps. that or a cheap 2 channel amp wire all 4 mids to a 2ohm load and all 4 tweeters or only two to a 4ohm or 2ohm load.

Can i use this xover with the selenium 6" mid 8ohm and selenium ST350 8ohm together in a xover should equal 4ohms at the amp right??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360125920703&_trksid=p2759.l1259

This is going into a boat install so not alot of room and dont want to spend money on high dollar EQ and it go bad from moisture hint why i am running cheap but loud selenium speakers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.