How Should i finsih my Box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

picklekx
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok, I'm planning on building a new box. I plan on glassing the front and having the rest MDF. But I don't know how to finish it up if I do that. I don't want to carpet over the glass, but I don't want to paint the MDF because I dont think it will look good. So how would I make this look good?

Originally posted by picklekx Ok, I'm planning on building a new box. I plan on glassing the front and having the rest MDF. But I don't know how to finish it up if I do that. I don't want to carpet over the glass, but I don't want to paint the MDF because I dont think it will look good. So how would I make this look good?
sink your glass panel on the MDF... finish off the carpeting for the windows to the INSIDE... and you can use some liquid damper to spray the frame of the glass, and bolt them tight onto the sinked area. The should be about 3/4 dry so that when you tighten the bolts, it will act as a sealant, but if in doubt, use a bit of silicone.. the painted frame will hide any clues of the silicone so yo shouldn't have a problem with it.

is the box rectanglular with just a glassed front face? if so you could just glass the front and buy some 1-2" right angle aluminum (comes in 8 foot or so lengths) and paint them what ever color you want. Cut them at 45's on the ends like you would do molding on a door frame, then you glass carpet and cover the seem with a nice looking threshold, kind of the same idea behind merging the seem between carpet and tile in your house with a threashold.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.